WD pricing vs capacity?

vbimport

Ok here it goes would it be worth since the WD HDD prices are higher then they were before to go a larger drive or stay smaller?

2TB for 114.99US
or
3TB for 159.99US
or
3TB 6gigs transfer for 169.99???

So which of these would be my bang for the buck? I am considering the 3TB 159.99 but the 2TB sounds tempting as well? And yes I have 2 3TB that have about 100Gigs free so would like to store more. I know I got my last 3TB for 119 each but now they are going for 159 each and has 2 year warranty compared to the 5 years my other two currently have. I am staying away from Seagate as they haven’t done much to improve their standing on making a reliable good working high capacity hard drive…

We’re doing newer Seagate 3Tb (about 15-20 in the last 3 months) and Hitachi 3Tb (pre-flood, and we installed maybe a couple of hundred before price increases).

One of the Seagates died during the initial Full Format but that’s been it. (If it’s going to die, yes, please do it sooner not later!)

We will definitely do WD Greens and Reds but, as you pointed out, prices are still higher than anticipated.

The only reason we’re considering 2Tbs is for WinXP-32 boxes, and for externals if those might need attachings to XP-32 boxes.

We’ve had more WDs die in the last year than anything else but this is still such a tiny number that I don’t believe in “one mfr is bad, others are pure as driven snow”.

We’re nearing the end of our summer vacation trip and I was soooo hoping that Stormy would have at least announced his 12Tb delivery date by now. And NO - not “2017” either!

We're doing newer Seagate 3Tb (about 15-20 in the last 3 months) and  Hitachi 3Tb (pre-flood, and we installed maybe a couple of hundred  before price increases).  

I don’t get what your saying???

The reviews on microcenter about the 2TB seagate and firmware problems didn’t help much and my WD from 500G to 3TB in my desktop/NAS are still working. I just had to replace the 320G main drive for a refurbished 500G WD and so far so good. All of my previous IDE should I say drives had only two failure of the 7 years I owned them WD as well and I had 6 of them over that spam. From the reviews on I heard some said the firmware on the 2TB seagate was bad and cause the failures rather then a physical problem. Ever since that debacle with their 1 and 1.5TB 3.5inch drives it doesn’t sound like they have wanted to tried hard enough to prevent the problem from happening again???

I would go for the 3TB, can never have enough storage room