Wd introduces 6 tb external hard drive

vbimport

http://www.wdc.com/en/company/pressroom/releases.aspx?release=faeeec8f-6bdb-445b-8bd0-b5cd2dc01d16

They are releasing a brand new 6 TB drive with USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 !? They have got to be kidding! :doh:

Extra-fast Performance and [B]RAID[/B] Supported Configurations
Fast [B]eSATA[/B] or [B]FireWire 800[/B] interfaces, combined with RAID-supported configurations will yield the speed and responsiveness users need for a variety of tasks including fast, smooth video editing; rendering complex 3D objects or special effects; and saving/transferring enormous blocks of data in a fraction of the time it once took.
Formatted for Mac computers1, these new storage systems feature:

* Massive 6 TB capacity;
* Extra-fast performance with four interfaces (FireWire 800/400, eSATA, USB 2.0);
* Cool, eco-friendly operation with WD's drives with WD GreenPower Technology that consume approximately one-third less power than standard dual-drive external storage systems and efficient convection cooling architecture and power-saving mode and designed without a fan to run quietly;
* Automatic and continuous backup software;
* User serviceability, enabling the user to open the enclosure and replace the drive inside;
* Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on the system; and,
* 5-year limited warranty. 

So inside we have 2x3TB hdd’s, speed should not be an issue as long as you stay with eSATA:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2580252]So inside we have 2x3TB hdd’s, speed should not be an issue as long as you stay with eSATA:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

But what I would drool over more would be a single 6TB drive :clap:…now that would be some demon HDD storage:bow:…not to mention a loss on a single 6TB would be disastrous as well. But I will go for it. :doh:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2580349]…not to mention a loss on a single 6TB would be disastrous as well. But I will go for it. :doh:[/QUOTE]

2 6TB drives and Raid 1 or an external backup 6TB would be the only way
I would go and not take a chance on using a single 6TB drive and loosing
that much info. :eek: