WD 320Gb IDE/PATA HDD on sale at Staples for $79.99

vbimport

Western Digital 320Gig IDE-PATA WD3200AAJB HDD on sale at
Staples for $79.99

I found out by suprise earler today

yes, one “followed me home”

No, I don’t know when the sale ends.

Yeah I know most of you guys are into larger SATA drives, but some of us cheap bastards still run older computers.

AD

NewEgg has the same drive for $59.99

WD 500GB is $69.99

yeah i got a 1 TB Green WD SATA last month from Newegg for $99 free shipping. That’s just $20 more and i put it in an external eSATA case i had here.

I got a samsung 320 gig SATA from newegg for 59.99 free shipping. Good timing cuz i need a new drive :slight_smile:

@AllanDeGroot if I were you I would take that drive back to Staples and see if you can get
your money back and order it off of newegg and save yourself a few dollars. :iagree:

FRy’s electronics has 1 TB Serial ATA/300 hard drive from Maxtor for $104.99 and USB 2.0 500 GB from SimpleTech for $77 on sal now.

I bought three unused WD 640GB 6400AAKS drives for US$190 including tax and shipping in Seoul. 3 * 640 = 1.92TB. The units were manufactured in December 2008, two years warranty. Samsung F1 1TB drives are better, but I have to pay at least US$250 for two F1 1TB.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2189791]Samsung F1 1TB drives are better, but I have to pay at least US$250 for two F1 1TB.[/QUOTE]Ken the failure rate on the 1 TB SATA Samsungs is high. That’s why i went with the WD. Failure rate is a lot lower with the 1 TB SATA WD’s.

Check your email. I just got a $50off$150 coupon from Staples. :eek:

But in regards to the drive mentioned by the OP, that’s a lousy price. There are far better drives of much higher capacity available now. They should be giving the drive listed away.

Bob, do you have a link that shows failure rate for different drives, or where do you that that info? Does the info show failure rate on laptop drives too?

I dislike buying drives from anyone who must ship them to me, because I half expect the drive to arrive DOA from being punted
halfway across the country by various people at UPS/FedEx/USPS

If I buy it across the counter at staples (or wherever)
it’s a real short trip to go back and vent my frustration
on the retailer and exchange it for another just like it.

as for SATA drives, can’t use them… at this time.

And I just checked last week on drive prices at NewEgg

New sales… that blows… but I still don’t like having HDDs
shipped to me.

AD

BB has a Seagate 1TB for $110 this week.

Micro Center Seagate 1.5TB $139
I already got Two 1.5TB from Newegg and retire Two 320GB Maxtor PATA / Two WD 300GB PATA…and three more HDD

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2191304]Micro Center Seagate 1.5TB $139
I already got Two 1.5TB from Newegg and retire Two 320GB Maxtor PATA / Two WD 300GB PATA…and three more HDD[/QUOTE]

You better give those poor retiry to some charity before they become completely history.