Wave into midi

vbimport

Hello,
do somebody have an idea how to change a .wav - file into a midi - file?
is there any software on the market, wich can convert wave to midi?
thanks for answers
D.

@rhypirat,

conversion MIDI->WAV is an easy task, but what you are asking (WAV->MIDI) is not… and probably does not even make sense
In MIDI files, all instruments are separate in a “multi-track” framework, while in a wav file all the intruments are merged together in a single audio stream… Moreover, MIDI files do not contain the actual ‘sounds’, but only the music information. You need external ‘sound fonts’ to play it…
Probably I haven’t used the appropriate language since I am not a musician and a MIDI expert, but I hope that the sense of what I said is clear.

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by rhypirat
Hello,
do somebody have an idea how to change a .wav - file into a midi - file?
is there any software on the market, wich can convert wave to midi?
thanks for answers
D.

Hello ET
I just need it to make my own Ringtones from Music.
The software from Nokia just work with Midi files.
I found 2 Progrs, but they are very expensive. Also, the Trial-version was :confused: :frowning: :a :a

I can imagine that… I am also curious about what they actually do… can you give me the links to the programs?

Thanks, ET.

Originally posted by rhypirat
I found 2 Progrs, but they are very expensive.

Hi ET
These Progs just work with mono-wave.
Here are the Links:
www.digital-ear.com

Enjoy :Z

Gruz
D. :wink:

Be careful before U pay for those programs.
Wave-to-midi softwares can convert mp3/wav to midi pretty well if the sound is monophonic.
Even one instrument, like piano, when played can produce polyphonic, for examples playing chords, playing 2 or more notes with different fingers at the same time, etc

So we’re taking about extremely simple (one note at a time) sounds here.

Anything more complex than that and you’ll get from discordant, off pitched midi notes to unrecognizable outout.

And mostly, don’t believe the most hyped wave-to-mid software (in the Statesd) called Intelliscore Polyphonic can do miracles.
That program is just like any other, if not worse.

I bet my bottom $ that Americans will land on Mars before wave-to-mid technology can be accomplished.

Originally posted by eltranquil
[B]@rhypirat,

conversion MIDI->WAV is an easy task, but what you are asking (WAV->MIDI) is not… and probably does not even make sense
In MIDI files, all instruments are separate in a “multi-track” framework, while in a wav file all the intruments are merged together in a single audio stream… Moreover, MIDI files do not contain the actual ‘sounds’, but only the music information. You need external ‘sound fonts’ to play it…
Probably I haven’t used the appropriate language since I am not a musician and a MIDI expert, but I hope that the sense of what I said is clear.

Regards,

ET [/B]

That’s actually a good explanation. A midi file contains only notes, instruments and timing.

Originally posted by Chriso
That’s actually a good explanation.

MIDI Converters