Wav file on cd not playing in my computer

vbimport

Hello, my friend recorded some music on a cdr in a wav format, when I put it in my computer does not recognize it as anything but a blank disk. I can clearly see their is recorded material by looking at the burn lazer marks on the back of the cdr itself. Even If I click on properties it shows nothing. Any help would be great? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The most probable cause is that your friend used a very low quality disc. Try to read that disc in another drive.

Alternatively, the only solution is to ask your friend to burn again that disc in a better quality disc (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden).

Its burned on an ativa cdr disk. I dont think my computer recogizes wav files, maybe I need a driver for that? I did try in my d drive no luck, then in my e drive no luck.

Wav files are the most compatible format that basically every computer can read, so no driver is needed.

The problem, as you described it, is that computer is not able to recognize [B]the disc[/B] at all, and that it appear as empty. This is typical of a bad burned disc.

If the problem was related to an unrecognized format, then the disc will not appear empty :slight_smile:

If you want to try a software that can basically read every format, give a try to Foobar2000 or Winamp or VLC player, but if the operative system is not able at all to read the disc, these software will not solve :frowning: