Wats the Latest Firmware for LG GCE8400B?

Hi I have a LG 40x12x40 burner, model GCE8400B.
Just wondering what is the latest firmware for that and what are the changes it does for that burner? Also where can I download the firmware and how do I flash my burner?

P.S
My LG burner can only write TDK CDs at 24X max although the TDK blank CDs are 48x. Any advise for this problem?

Thanks and cheers.

The latest version is 1.04. Find updates here: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=537

Thanks dhc014. Btw what issues does the firmware 1.04 fix? also there isnt any readme.txt for instructions. so how do i flash it?

Thanks once again.

Boot into real DOS and navigate to where you have extracted the files and type “JE4 Je4lg831.hex”

Hi,

Note the 1.12 for IBM drives works also in any 8400 :
PROS : Will add Mt Rainier and UDMA2 support
CONS : The IBM drive does only have 1 led, so only 1 led willwork in your drive if you use this 1.12 fw.

Regards
FTC

Originally posted by dhc014
Boot into real DOS and navigate to where you have extracted the files and type “JE4 Je4lg831.hex”

Ok. do i have to disconnect my dvd rom when i flash my 8400b? also do i need to change any jumper settin b4 I flash?

i dnt need mtkflash program to flash my burner rite?

Originally posted by FTC
[B]Hi,

Note the 1.12 for IBM drives works also in any 8400 :
PROS : Will add Mt Rainier and UDMA2 support
CONS : The IBM drive does only have 1 led, so only 1 led willwork in your drive if you use this 1.12 fw.

Regards
FTC [/B]

Ok the 1.12 IBM firmware works for 8400 n it adds mt rainier and UDMA2 support.

Wat bout the 1.04? wat are the pros n cons for it? anyone know?

Hi All,
Thank you for the information I found here earlier when I started flashing my LG-GCE 8320 to LG-GCE 8400B 1.02.
I started having problems with that CD-R since I installed the DVD-R and the problem basically that the LG CD-R disappear from the configuration after a period of time. and I had to re-boot the machine to gain it back.
Last week I noticed the mail about the IBM 1.12 upgrade. I did flashed it according to the instructions from one of the members here and it went like a charm. and the CD-R stoped dropping from the configurations…coollll . Now I started experiencing a weired problem which is the CD-R stops at the last second of the burning process and give the following error:
error writting the lead out.
and the CD is gone bad (of course…!!!). I tried multiple times and wasted 4-5 CD’s and I am getting the same exact error.
Anyone have an idea what could be the reason for that?? should I try to flash it back to 1.04?
Thanks for your help.

Loveseeker6@hotmail.com

Originally posted by NEO2003
[B]

Ok. do i have to disconnect my dvd rom when i flash my 8400b? also do i need to change any jumper settin b4 I flash?

i dnt need mtkflash program to flash my burner rite?

Ok the 1.12 IBM firmware works for 8400 n it adds mt rainier and UDMA2 support.

Wat bout the 1.04? wat are the pros n cons for it? anyone know? [/B]