Watermark on DVD to stop piracy

vbimport

I just posted the article Watermark on DVD to stop piracy.

Submitted by: arnesr
Source: http://www.wired.com/

A panel discussing content protection here at the DVD Entertainment 2000 conference delved heavily into the idea of watermarking DVD video…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/753-Watermark-on-DVD-to-stop-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/753-Watermark-on-DVD-to-stop-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Another job for the hackers! If the Watermark can be put into a video, then it can also be taken out the video!
Well, thats what i think anyway

Raytherainman

HORSESHIT. Everything can be broken. It’s the golden Rule. All it takes is time!

How many times has this been said before. The companies have never proven me wrong. IT WILL BE BROKEN!!!

PLUS a DVD-DVD copy will be identical so the copy will work!

And again, they are TOO LATE!!! They should inmediatly CREATE a protection while researching for the DVD!

What about the DVD players on the market right now? Will they recognize this “noise” or can I put my Revoy 2000 in the trashcan? Maybe they will replace it with a brand new one!!! Lucky me…

Yeah vinny is right…you dont put the condom on after you’ve had a root

Water-mark?
THEY CAN PISS ON IT FOR ALL I CARE!

we dont pay any atention to the copywright message,so why should we give a fuck about this?

if we can copy it the player whont know,if we cant - the player wont know it WAS there!

SOUNDS LIKE MORE BULLSHIT FOR THE SHAREHOLDERS TO LAP-UP!!!

FUCK-THEM!

Even though humans can’t hear the noise, it’s going to drive pet owners NUTS! Who want’s to listen/view a DVD with all the neighbourhood dogs barking their heads off?

Basic Rule:

If something is on a digital media…IT CAN BE PERFECTLY COPIED without loss.

Including watermarks…

Very stupid idea…well actually not. If they use the watermark then they stop developing better protections and that’s what we all want

there is no point in copy protection, how long dit it take to break the last new one posted here in the news?

one week maybe two, it just isn’t worth a year of research!!

like audio cd’s, no protection there eny more, maybe some exotic sizes 750Mb but now with the 800mb cd’s even that isn’t working any more

HEY EVERYBODY - I JUST DESCOVERED A NEW COPY-PROTECT SYSTEM!!!

It works like this:
The make totaly shit remakes of old classics that are not worth a fuck.
then we are deterred from copying them.
HOLLYWOOD STUDIO’S ARE SO SMART! :wink:

bollocks

If it is made by boys it can be broken by men

As I have said once before the only Water Mark I see is the one I made when I pissed my self laughing at their outrageous proposterous claim. Tell me some more I can’t stop now!!!

If they dont want peeps copyin their stuff then why do they make fuckin copiers?? They should do like sega did wit the dreamcast - im not sure if they can be copied now, but even if they can, how long did it take? I think most the peeps employed by these companies r mcdonalds regects…