Watching AVI's From Disk

I have an avi file on my hard drive and I can watch it fine, however when I copy it to cd or dvd and try and watch it on the same computer i get an error msg.

Can any one help

Perhaps the file is copyright protected.
Try ConvertXToDVD and make a real dvd-video of it.

Why can i copy them to any harddrive and watch them from there but not cd or dvd then?

Could you tell us what the error message is, please…

I get this message when I try to play it of cd

“Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.”

but works fine when i play of the hard drive

Try a different media palyer like VLC and see if it works. If it does then you’ll know it’s just WMP. http://www.videolan.org/

Yep - could also be your DVD discs are poor quality. Do you have a brand name, or better still, a media ID (use DVD Identifier’s ‘Disc Info’ tab)…

get divx…it helps every avi work on windows media player…trust me… its the divx player…from divx.com i think its free…u could still watch from windows media player and a icon of divx will be at the bottom right corner…if not… convert it to dvd by WinAVI video converter (cost money)(trial puts something on your screen throughout the movie)…tell me if it worked…good luck

Solved the problem. I was using “winondvd” to burn.
I am now using Nero and it is working fine.
Thanks to all for you input & help