Watch my HD movies on TV

Hello,

I have a few HD movies iso images and some homemade movies that I have created the ISO for as well. My goal is to be able to watch them on my HD TV and had a few questions:

Before HD I used to use the S-video out and the audio out on my computer to link up to my PC and then use it as projector and play a movie but I want to avoid that now

1. Is there a way to place a card (video and audio) in my comp which will let me play my ISO collections on my TV withoug comprimising audio or video.

2. I don’t want to project my screen on to the TV, since I still want to be able to use the computer while the movie is playing. How can I do that ?

3. Is there a way to do this wirelessly ?

4. I know there are some wirelss media hubs available in the market but can I link up a virtual drive to the media hub and mount an ISO through the media hub menu and play it, am I asking for too much here

Any help would be great ?

[quote=gemini_shooter;1970493]1. Is there a way to place a card (video and audio) in my comp which will let me play my ISO collections on my TV withoug comprimising audio or video.

1. I don’t want to project my screen on to the TV, since I still want to be able to use the computer while the movie is playing. How can I do that ?
    [/quote]Yes you can do this with a right video card. And I assume that your HDTV has an HDMI or DVI input? If you don’t want to loose any video quality you will need DVI or HDMI connection.

Get a video card with 2 output ports, one should be HDMI port or DVI port, the second port can be anything (VGA, DVI or also HDMI). Almost newer video card has 2 ports now.

Then set in your windows Display Properties > Settings to use two monitors. One display connects to your monitor, and the other display to your HDTV. With this setting you will have two independent display.

But remember you are still using the same PC so while you are watching your video, if you use your PC extensively you will see some lag in the video. Browsing or emailing in one screen while the other screen displays video is fine in my experience.

1. Is there a way to do this wirelessly ?

2. I know there are some wirelss media hubs available in the market but can I link up a virtual drive to the media hub and mount an ISO through the media hub menu and play it, am I asking for too much here
    Yes there are many products that can support wireless high-definition media player, such as D-Link DSM-520 http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=438 and some others.

thanks a lot … that really clears a lot of things …

but on the last questions a lot of these hubs come with their own software:

1. “Can the hub software detect virtual drives and play them using power DVD or any other DVD playing software”

2. would the Hub connect to the TV and would there be receiving unit for the PC ?

Time to check the devices manual. :smiley: