Watch DVD from PC on TV?

i dunno if this gotta get moved to “noobs” forum, but anyways…
i have pretty old PC (a year old :)) it’s not so-called “TV-ready” but what will i need to make it ready, aka watching DVD movies from burned DVDs from Sony DRU500A (i don’t have it yet, but that’s my next purchase :slight_smile: )
so what kind of software/harware (cables?) will i need and if it’s worth it and will it be the same as to buy regular DVD-player ?
thanx

You could buy a Creative Dxr3 card or Hollywood+ from [url=http://www.sigmadesigns.com]Sigma designs.

Hardeware decoder cards with TV-out…

sorry for that info in “ISO images” - i was wrong and apologize for that, this will not happen again, but i was kinda desperate :eek:

ati all in wonder radeon…best TV out there is
make sure its not a “powed by” card

everything you need is in the box

forget about hollywood+ cards
thats old technology…from the days when
people used pentium 200 processors.
(i have 2 h+ card sitting in my old parts box
they are not much use for anything now)

anything faster than a p3 500 will do dvd
perfectly with an ATI card and you can view
DiVX movies on your TV too.

Take (almost) any Nvidia card with tv-out, download Tvtool. All you need, excellent quality. Depending on the used tv-chip, your image quality is comparable to a standalone dvd-player of 350 euros.

i have nVidia GeForce 2 i’ll go home and check for the outlet
thanx

Hi there, have you considered a TV out card with a wireless transmitter?

You can buy a cheap one if your in the UK from Lidls (£39.50), connect your pc from tv out and sound and then add to the transmitter.

Connect the receiver via the SCART cable and hey presto, you’ve got wireless reception.

Do the reverse if you have a Video In on your graphics card and you can record with Virtual Dub.

chrome ;0)

sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

Here’s a link for you to check out:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/specialoffers/item.php?ItemID=55430&CartID=0211042039441455358&PromoID=31&PartCode=55430

The transmitters/receivers have a breakout box attached so you add video and out to them eg from your soundcard and tv out graphics card (transmitter) to receiver video and audio connected to SCART on TV or VCR, hey whatever!!

I’m sure you’ll find something similar in the US and at a cheaper price!! The brand I tried out was called WellTech, couldn’t find a site though using Google.

chrome;)

my old GeForce2 Mx uses s-video as it’s TV-out which means i can’t use it cuz my tv doesn’t have any s-video connectors. i don’t know if all geforce cards have it like that but you might want to make sure that your tv is able to accept that type.

Originally posted by crimsonrogue
my old GeForce2 Mx uses s-video as it’s TV-out which means i can’t use it cuz my tv doesn’t have any s-video connectors. i don’t know if all geforce cards have it like that but you might want to make sure that your tv is able to accept that type.

You can change you s-video connection with a convertor and make it RCA…

I’m going for wireless myself. Check here. (direct hit)