Was wondering if this wer possible

vbimport

well i have this:HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4482
comes up on “my computer” as:DVD/CD-RW Drive (E:)

so im assuming that this means i can only burn -r/rw disks
so befor i assumed this i bought a bunch of dvd+rw disks
so now i was wondering if there wer eney way fo me to convert the drive to read +media insted of -media (the drive dosent even pickup the +media)
so is there a way or not?thankz:p

Welcome jimbob60, the bad news this is a combo drive it will only burn cds not dvds, it will only read dvds.

but i do have a dvd burning program that tells me that that drive is the only one that could burn the dvd but then agen the drive dosent pickup blank dvdz so theress no way it will burn a dvd?(guess not lolz) but yea another question is that im trying to burn a os onto a dvd but could i burn the os on a cd rw? or is there even a cd rw thats big enuf to hold a OS?(4.27g)

Hi and Welcome![quote=jimbob60;2189812]but i do have a dvd burning program that tells me that that drive is the only one that could burn the dvd but then agen the drive dosent pickup blank dvdz so theress no way it will burn a dvd?[/quote]The only way to burn a DVD is to use a DVD burner. If you don’t own one, you need to buy one.

but yea another question is that im trying to burn a os onto a dvd but could i burn the os on a cd rw?
See if there is a stripped down version that fits on a CD. This is often the case with many Linux distributions.
or is there even a cd rw thats big enuf to hold a OS?(4.27g)
No.

Michael