Warning: Newegg shipping MII Verbatim 8x +R DL (95484)

vbimport

I just received a 15 pack spindle of these today in the dreaded blue/purple packaging, Made in India. There are currently 2 reviews up from folks who also got MII packs. The pack I bought a few weeks ago from Newegg was Made in Singapore.

I’m probably going to return them unopened unless I see some posts here in the next few days indicating that these are better than the MII 2.4x ones. I got one spindle of those that have been over 50% coasters.

Mike

Thanks for the Info anonabcd :slight_smile: But little late :doh:
[B]Ouch[/B] I order Last Night :doh:
[B]Interesting 8X MKM003 MII ??? [/B]

I think you need to take one for the team and test them for everyone :wink:

can anybody verify this pls ?

i thought 8x 15 pack is MIS only :(,this bad news again :frowning:

Seems to be True :frowning: :a

Check these Reviews on Newegg :sad:

[quote=anonabcd;2008439]I just received a 15 pack spindle of these today in the dreaded blue/purple packaging, Made in India.[/quote]They couldn’t be much worse than a 20-pack of MIS I bought recently. :a

[QUOTE=larc919;2008531]They couldn’t be much worse than a 20-pack of MIS I bought recently. :a[/QUOTE]

any scans mate ?

[quote=achemen;2008509]Check these Reviews on Newegg :sad:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16817130029[/quote] I checked those “reviews” at Newegg. The only bad “reviews” are by people who saw the Made in India label and then immediately jumped to the conclusion that they must be bad, without actually testing the discs. :rolleyes:

Agreed with Drage. You really need proof that something is crap if you want to label it as crap.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2008463]I think you need to take one for the team and test them for everyone ;)[/QUOTE]

Listen to him! :stuck_out_tongue:

C’mon MegaDETH, I thought you’d try any media once…so why don’t you order some :bigsmile:

Drage has a point though. I wouldn’t label something as crap without trying them in as many of my drives as I could first.

Thank God that here in Egypt we “only” have MIS MKM001 :bigsmile:

But price is rip-off compared to sale prices in USA :sad:

I’d have agreed with Drage but we have not heard of good MII MKM001 , and I don’t think Indian plant made magic with MKM003 :wink:

I really hope I am wrong and these turn out to be good

Well if no one else is willing to then I guess I will have to get some :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2008723]Listen to him! :stuck_out_tongue:

C’mon MegaDETH, I thought you’d try any media once…so why don’t you order some :bigsmile:

Drage has a point though. I wouldn’t label something as crap without trying them in as many of my drives as I could first.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2008829]Well if no one else is willing to then I guess I will have to get some ;)[/QUOTE]

why dont u try :flower:

AFIAK i know MII DL is :Z

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2008829]Well if no one else is willing to then I guess I will have to get some ;)[/QUOTE]

I know I would if I spotted them for a decent price here. Being a guinea-cat is fun :smiley:

it looks like a MKM003 ([B] 10X [/B])
What is it [B]MKM001[/B] or [B]MKM003[/B] ??? :confused:
Any update…???

Knowing how lucky I am I would get shipped MIS lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t really need them and I am looking at some 4x BD-R I think I want instead but who knows maybe I will bite.

[QUOTE=achemen;2008850]why dont u try :flower:

AFIAK i know MII DL is :Z[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2008937]it looks like a MKM003 ([B] 10X [/B])
What is it [B]MKM001[/B] or [B]MKM003[/B] ??? :confused:
Any update…???[/QUOTE]

MKM001 = Official 2.4X DVD+R DL can be overspeeded to upto 8X

MKM003 = Official 8X DVD+R DL can be overspeeded to upto 10X

so what’s the word on these 8x MII’s? anyone run some tests yet?

more importantly anyone know a source that still has MIS in stock?

Is Newegg still shipping MII MKM003 ?

I want to ask my brother to order a spindle for me for 32.20$ which is pretty cheap compared to MKM001 here in Egypt and also cheaper than any other place in the USA , but I don’t want to take any risks :wink:

Is there any way to ask Newegg specifically to send MIS ?
And if they are turned to be MII and I return them , who would pay the shipping back , me or Newegg ?

I’m most cases you have to pay shipping to send it back. And that’s even if it’s a faulty product, let alone some guy who’s being fussy about where the item is made :stuck_out_tongue:

I would suggest trying some. It’s only 30 bucks.