Warning issued about maker of DVD-copying software

vbimport

I just posted the article Warning issued about maker of DVD-copying software.

The website StarTribune.com reports that The Better Business Bureau has
warned consumers when buying software from 321 Studios. The company offers huge
rebates on their software a widely used…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8172-Warning-issued-about-maker-of-DVD-copying-software.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8172-Warning-issued-about-maker-of-DVD-copying-software.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Smear campaign! 70 rebate problems since 2002…so two rebate problems per month? Not bad for a company selling hundreds, perhaps thousands of units each month.

unless you happen to be one of the people who didn’t get a rebate! then we would hear you bitch.

Two easy solutions either don’t buy ‘Crap’ software.there are better alternatives(Free ones too!) or better go Dual Layer. :d

Dual Layer it is!..

I sent a rebate in to 321 late January, No rebate yet. I thought being a not US Resident would not get it. Will have to Pursue it. cheers megod

I am no fan of rebates. I think they’re a ripoff. That being said, I have a great deal of respect for 3-2-1 Software. I own DVD Xcopy Platinum and it ain’t the ripper free version. I’ve had several discussions with their extremely knowledgeable technical support staff (one such conversation led to me uninstalling a Windows Update patch that was supposedly to block a security hole in Windows Media Player but actually broke - perhaps intentionally? - DVD Xcopy Platinum) and found them nothing but forthcoming and helpful. I have had to reinstall my software on several machines due to machine rebuilds and have expired my installations a number of times and on each occasion they cheerfully reset the server so that I was able to install again. These are good people and they’re fighting a very tough battle against unscrupulous and greedy foes on behalf of all of us and their line of business. To those who actually buy into rebates and don’t pursue them: you get what your intelligence deserves.

I don’t care for DVD X Copy compared to free programs like DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter. That said, the Better Business Bureau is a lousy organization that started up with noble ideals. You can pay to be on their “list of members” which makes you look like a quality vendor, whether you are or not. If you do pay them, it also takes a lot more work for consumer complaints to them to make you look bad. If you don’t pay them when they call up and invite you to be a member (this is from personal experience at a former job) they may tell you politely about phone calls made to them regarding your business (whether those are good or bad, they won’t say). 70 complaints over 2 years for a company that spans multiple countries is probably very little; I should bet that Microsoft, HP, and IBM have far more. This stinks to me of a smear, and nothing more.

:+ I have a copy of with the ripper from 321 Studios. I have been contacting the company for a year now repeatedly with nothing more than an automated FAQ on rebates. They absolutely had no intention of delivering, and it was only for $10, but still!!! However, the product was well worth the money even without the $10 rebate. I am now concerned with activations as they are reportedly out of business. Sooner or later that will make my product useless.

(Spam)