WARNING ! Extreamly BAD firmware :LTR DVDrom 163D ERROR

Ok i ran 2 tests both tests where DATA TRANSFER tests…

i ran the test on a pressed CDROM 700meg

==================================

As you can see the 1st test gave me a error called

ERROR NO SEEK COMPLETE (030200)

then the 2nd time i got a error called

CIRC UNRECOVERABLE ERROR (031106)

both errors have never happened to me in my life befour and both times happened at the same area on the cdrom…

i advise enyone NOT TO UPDATE there FIRMWARES to the latest Firmware its bad…

here is proof…

this is a warrning to everyone …

“If the firmware ain’t broke, then don’t try and fix it”. Is this firmware posted at the LitON website? I have a LiteON LTD 165H but won’t upgrade firmware unless needed :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]“If the firmware ain’t broke, then don’t try and fix it”. Is this firmware posted at the LitON website? I have a LiteON LTD 165H but won’t upgrade firmware unless needed :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool: [/B]

erm hehe this isnt for the 165H its for the 163D

and yes if a new firmware comes out people will usaly update for better media compatibility…

but usaly its down to the owner what they do…

i flashed back and everything works again ! …

i think this firmware is isnt on the liteonweb site yet…

I flashed to the f/w a week back. I’ll test it tomorrow w/ some original data and audio CDs and some CDRs.

Well I did some testing myself. I flashed the JLMS Regionfree GHR7 to my 163D about a week ago and didnt notice any errors. Here are some of my results:

(edit: New tests from the GHR6 firmware added and made my reply 56K friendly)
(edit2: New test from LTR-40125S with ZS0P firmware)

GHR7 GHR6 ZS0P
Soldier of Fortune 2 CD1: Looks pretty bad, speed goes down but no failure. 40125S seems to have no problems at all.

GHR7 GHR6 ZS0P
Tomb Raider Chronicles: Looks fine untill the end, then speed went down. And again, 40125S has no problems with it.

GHR7 GHR6 ZS0P
Eminem Marshall Mathers LP: No problems, same for 40125S.

I only used pressed cds for my testing.

(edit:Make your own conclusion about this manner. I think I’ll just go back and stick with my Liteon GHR7 firmware from Mango :slight_smile: )

i used the ghr7lf.bin firmware

region free with Liteon name intact…

================================

best firmware is the ghr6 region free .bin
well for me is it …

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
best firmware is the ghr6 region free .bin
well for me is it …

That’s a little better don’t you think?

To go and sound the alarm with “WARNING ! Extreamly BAD…” stuf is only fair if you thoroughly tested the issue on several drives in separate systems. You got to be a bit careful because people like “bad news” and I’ve already seen your dooms day “report” quoted on other forums. Pity that.

Originally posted by Mango
[B]
That’s a little better don’t you think?

To go and sound the alarm with “WARNING ! Extreamly BAD…” stuf is only fair if you thoroughly tested the issue on several drives in separate systems. You got to be a bit careful because people like “bad news” and I’ve already seen your dooms day “report” quoted on other forums. Pity that. [/B]

what the hell you talking about ?

this isnt a debate its just my opinion if you dont wanna listen to it then dont ok

and pitty what ?