Warning! 20A1H LL0D new firmware with errors

After upgrade drive not working with aspi driver.
Similar problem was reported here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/need-ll0c-firmware-liteon-lh-20a1h-liteon-pulled-their-site-241918/#post2026540

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2027245]After upgrade drive not working with aspi driver.
Similar problem was reported here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/need-ll0c-firmware-liteon-lh-20a1h-liteon-pulled-their-site-241918/#post2026540[/QUOTE]

Besides informing us of th problem what is your hardware and O/S specs? Just saying aspi driver doesn’t give much to go on.???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2027422]Besides informing us of th problem what is your hardware and O/S specs? Just saying aspi driver doesn’t give much to go on.???[/QUOTE]

LL0D was tested on Epox 8RDA+ (nForce2) with WinXP HE SP1 and the latest nVidia IDE driver. Nero and other software except Kprobe on SPTI driver, show I/O error.

I’m gonna install this firmware and test a few discs now. We’ll see how it goes.

Here you go, one -R and one +R, burned and scanned on the Litey.

Both discs were read by the drive fine after being inserted a few times, with no need for a reboot.

Both discs burned at 8x with no OHT/HT etc enabled, and scanned at 4x. Memorex branded CMC MAG. AM3 and Verbatim (made in India) MCC004.

Edit: forgot - tested on an MSI-7173 mobo (with ATi SB450 chipset) and Win XP Pro.

I burned SL burned at 4-6x and DL burned at 1-2x media without any problems so far but I am using XP pro SP2 with latest updates after SP2, IE7, WMP11 though…with FH, OS, OH all checked and set to DVD-ROM. Rebooted twice just to make sure firmware updated correctly.

So LL0D best firmware for 20A1H or not?

No problems with the latest fw, just hope codeking creat a FBL blablabla firmware xD.

My drive not works with LL0D and works fine with LL0C (after downgrade, too). Maybe it’s a compatibility problem with an old machine.

Hi,
Error message send by Decrypter after upgrade to LL0D (O/S was reseted twice, DVD+RW disc recorded properly before upgrade).

Hi,

You can set Decrypter to use SPTI as well. Adaptec ASPI is not required in XP, moreover I would advise against using it.

You could also test with the standard Microsoft IDE driver if you want (in stead of using the nVidia one) and see if that makes a difference.

Hi,

[QUOTE=Cressida;2032290]
You can set Decrypter to use SPTI as well
(…)
You could also test with the standard Microsoft IDE driver if you want (in stead of using the nVidia one)[/QUOTE]
I’m still using LL0C firmware. My system (and all applications, too) works fine with nVidia IDE drivers. Some applications require aspi driver. I think, LL0D has an error.

[quote=AlKwas;2032331]Hi,

I’m still using LL0C firmware. My system (and all applications, too) works fine with nVidia IDE drivers. Some applications require aspi driver. I think, LL0D has an error.[/quote]
It’s a Nforce related known problem.

Not a LiteOn problem.

Disinstall Nvidia IDE drivers, as well as your ide adapter and Liteon unit from computer resources, reboot and reinstall the latest nforce ;).

Best wishes

Gyxx

(I have Nforce 2 chipset, sometimes makes the same trouble :D)

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2032331]Hi,

I’m still using LL0C firmware. My system (and all applications, too) works fine with nVidia IDE drivers. Some applications require aspi driver. I think, LL0D has an error.[/QUOTE]

No errors here, but then I don’t have a nVidia mobo chipset :wink:

Well, after half a dozen normal burns with LL0D, I got two consecutive unreadable ones last weekend. Restored EEPROM and am back to older firmware for now, working well again. Probably just my drive acting up and not the firmware, yet it’s strange that LL0D still isn’t back up on the global site :confused:.

Nothing to do with ASPI however, as I don’t use any. Even those two bad burns I had completed normally :).

[QUOTE=Cressida;2034778]Well, after half a dozen normal burns with LL0D, I got two consecutive unreadable ones last weekend. Restored EEPROM and am back to older firmware for now, working well again. Probably just my drive acting up and not the firmware, yet it’s strange that LL0D still isn’t back up on the global site :confused:.

Nothing to do with ASPI however, as I don’t use any. Even those two bad burns I had completed normally :).[/QUOTE]

Your telling me I also made a posting in which LL0D took out my drive I tried to flashback but seems like it might be a goner…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2034862]Your telling me I also made a posting in which LL0D took out my drive I tried to flashback but seems like it might be a goner…[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your drive, coolcolors. The problem I experienced with LL0D was with burning only. It was just those two badly burned discs that didn’t read back on the 20A1H and other drives. I never had a power calibration error when burning or clicking sounds when initializing discs. I guess if you’ve tried everything (test in other PC, restore EEPROM, clean lens), that it’s bit the dust.

[QUOTE=Cressida;2035017]Sorry to hear about your drive, coolcolors. The problem I experienced with LL0D was with burning only. It was just those two badly burned discs that didn’t read back on the 20A1H and other drives. I never had a power calibration error when burning or clicking sounds when initializing discs. I guess if you’ve tried everything (test in other PC, restore EEPROM, clean lens), that it’s bit the dust.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did all that and no read the other pc did see the hardware itself but couldn’t make it read a blank, pressed, or burned dvd that was burned in the same drive previously…I guess I finally exceeded it MTBF life expectency 1yr 3 months…and it didn’t go out during the warranty…darn it…

I`ve got 4 LH20A1H, all of them work now with LL0D, a pair is installed into computer on nForce4 chipset. All drives burn and read extremely well. More over, I suspect, that this fw allows to burn CD a bit better, than previous versions.

I agree with you that new firmware seems better than previous one.
:wink:

Expecially after [B]C0deKing[/B] Patch :smiley: !

Moreover I want to say that that Nvidia driver [B]CAN [/B]occasionally cause some problem when updating firmware to optical units, but this doesen’t mean they [U]have[/U] to cause problem.

Looking at your post I realized that what I had written before can be missunderstud : I was in a hurry and wrote in a quite bad way ;).

I just had the same problem twice in about four years ;), all times with other optical units (Nec and Pioneer).

All the times i had resolved easly with the method below, and as i know many had the same issue, expecially with Nforce and Nforce 2 chipsets.

Just my experience.

:wink:

Gyxx