Warner starts DVD to Blu-ray trade-ups

vbimport

I just posted the article Warner starts DVD to Blu-ray trade-ups.

The problem with being a movie enthusiast and upgrading to Blu-ray is that you’re stuck with an entire library of DVDs, but Warner Home Video is now offering incentives to help boost your Blu-ray catalog.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/warner-starts-dvd-to-blu-ray-trade-ups-22416/](http://www.myce.com/news/warner-starts-dvd-to-blu-ray-trade-ups-22416/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Looks like the same Titles that Walmart is selling for $10.00 and I get to keep my standard DVD, not that much of a deal if you ask me.

Bluray and deal in the same sentence is an oxymoron

I got a Panasonic Bluray for $119.00 , I think thats a deal, my Dvd’s are much clearer on the Blu-Ray then my Sony Dvd player, and I have the abilty to watch Blu Ray movies.

[QUOTE=Crabbyappleton;2466201]Bluray and deal in the same sentence is an oxymoron[/QUOTE]
lol for real…dont think we’ll see any real “deals” for a while on blu ray…ripoff :smiley:

Well I paid 160 for a Panasonic BD-10a which was a deal at the time for a demo from Circuit City and it still works fine but slowly:bigsmile:
It also does a nice job playing DVD’s though I think my Toshiba A2 and my Denon 758 do a slightly better job.

Well, I’ve been seeing a lot of Blu-ray movies in the discount bin for $9.99. It’s just a matter of time before all those movies on Warner’s DVD2BLU list are that price. Keep the DVD and just wait for the Blu-ray movie you want to come down in price. Don’t be a sucker.

Wow, you leave for 8 months and they really change the site around on you. Wasn’t sure my login would even work. You guys thought (hoped?) I was dead, right? LOL. Nah, just needed a break.

Glad to see you’re still around and hating Blu-ray as much as ever, Crabby.

Wow! 4 to 5 weeks to get your Blu-ray DVD replacement! I don’t think I could go without sleep for that long!

It wouldn’t matter if blu-ray movies were $5, the flat screen tv needed to view them is still unaffordable. Now If there were a flat screen stimulus plan, I’d be the first to go and buy one. Or a trade your old dvd player for a blu-ray player
type of promotion, i’d go for that too.

Well the price of the TV’s is dropping as well and if you don’t care about huge or perfect video many smaller LCD sets are dirt cheap in comparison to what a bigger name brand LCD or plasma costs.
I bought a Toshiba 34HFX84 CRT in 2005, the last one still made in the states and it still looks great, paid 1225 for it and mostly used my Xmas bonus and a bit extra. Now I can get a Plasma 50" for the same price or less.
New tech is always expensive at first and the early adopters with deep pockets buy it, then after they’ve made their killing it slowly drops in price till any one wanting it can buy it.