Warez and Abandonware

vbimport

I just posted the article Warez and Abandonware….

Stephen Granade, webmaster of the interactive fiction site at About.Com has written an excellent article on the warez and abandonware scene. It’s worth checking out, even if you don’t participate in…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1045-Warez-and-Abandonware___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1045-Warez-and-Abandonware___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Nothing at all to do with this posting I just wanted to say:
CDFREAKS RULES!!! Not only as an awesome informational web site. The only one of it’s kind that I know of on the net but also because of the great spirit here. As shown by the way they anihilated their logo and wrote merry X-mas.
I hope you guys all have a great X-mas too!!

Yeahh CDFREAKS RULEZ.
They only need the hexagon back.
I really miss it

Ok ok CD freaks rules but living without the forum sux (tweakers is really dull and no illegal shit there)…

Superweb also sux

indeed a merry X-MAS too you all

but there are rising probs in the sky all around us: A.T.A. In Trouble With The Law? Posted Tuesday, December 12, 2000 by XpunkXkidX
An anti-piracy group called the SPA recently e-mailed our host complaining about a couple of appz links that we had so to avoid getting in any trouble, I’m removed the links to Partition Magic and Drive Image Pro from our appz section. Don’t worry, the site isn’t in any trouble or anything so all is well.

Merry X-Mas to all members of CD-Freaks and especially to the guys creating this great site!

Microsoft ,for example,earns billions of dollars by rereleasing the same old sucking stuff. Gamecompanies,however,drop very good products for producing newer shit ,strange, isnt it? why not doing some face lifting after some years?
i am sure that not even myself would pay for Monkey island I with high color graphics and speech!

Hohoho Meheherry Christmas to all of you

Yeah, M$ needs to innovate Windows a li’l. adding voice-recognition as a standard would be cool, or what about a 3Dfx interface? Guess that will happen wenn windows ME II will be around(Y3K).

Old gamez really rock though, I’m playing Monkey Island 2 again, think it’s one of the coolest games ever brought out. after 8 years, it rox more than ever.

CDfreaks Rox!!!

In VB you can access the MS voice recognition function. The ability is there but not used.