WarCraftIII Copy Question

Hi to everyone who posts here, I do a lot of reading on this board and I recently signed up to participate in discussions. I have a question. I have an original WarCraftIII CD Game. What procedures should I take into account to back it up. I have ClonCD 4.0.1.10 and a Samsung SW-206 CDRW running on WinXP Pro. The CDRW is listed on cloneCDs site as being RAW+96 and RAW-DAO compliant. It does nto have 2 little shhep though by the options where they rate emf encoding an dbuffer underrun tech. I wanted to knwo what steps I should take in backup up my WarCraftIII. I do no use the clonecd startup tray but can enable it if needed. I live in the US so Hide CDR MEdia is grayed out by default. If anyone can reply with a step by step procedure, I would gladly appreciate it. Treat me liek a NewB cause I havent tried copying protected games since AOE2 which had Safedisc2.

Step by Step takes a bit of time to compile and some steps depend on your reader/writer and OS. So, step thru the FAQ first. There are specific hints and tips here. Use the Liteon SecuROM profile from here.

Check your writer’s subs ability from here

Install Daemon Tools daemon-tools.com to test your image (Phantom CD-ROM)

XP has issues with burning so make sure you do these tweaks

Let us know how it goes.

umm, I have a few questions about this. I don’t own a Lite-on, is it still ok to use the Liteon SecuROM profile? Also, I realize where to save this profile in the CloneCd folders, but when I launch CloneCD, will I see a new icon or should I select the game creation Icon because no new ones exist after adding this profile. I only have as of now a ClonyXXL icon, Game Icon, Audio Icon, Data Icon, and Multimedia audio Icon. Also I am not sure what you meant by using Daemon Tools to test my image. Last time I used Daemon Tools I remember it as a program that created an Image cd-rom that emulated cd protection. I do not know if it was changed in newer versions. My goal is to create a copy that requires no additional software to run it. I dont like having Daemon Tools and other 3rd party software running if it is possible to do without. Just as well I hate using cracks because I cant play with friends on line.

Thank You

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]1)…I don’t own a Lite-on, is it still ok to use the Liteon SecuROM profile?

2)…but when I launch CloneCD, will I see a new icon or should I select the game creation Icon because no new ones exist after adding this profile.

3)…Also I am not sure what you meant by using Daemon Tools to test my image. Last time I used Daemon Tools I remember it as a program that created an Image cd-rom that emulated cd protection.

4)…My goal is to create a copy that requires no additional software to run it. I dont like having Daemon Tools and other 3rd party software running if it is possible to do without.[/B]
1)Yes, in fact it may be preferable if your reader has unreliable subs ability

2)…another icon is created. If you don’t see it then you copied the .ccp file to the wrong folder

3)…you said it “cd-rom that emulated cd protection” if the image works without emulation, then you’re half way; you just have to write it correctly

4)…you only need the phantom CD-ROM and emu for testing, that’s all; if you don’t test then you’re perhaps risking a CD-R with a bad image

Aha i see, that answers all of my questions, I will try this tomorrow and see what happens, then post my results. I also read much on the forums here about FantomCD being capable of dealing with WC3 and NWN. I just got this program now and will try it as well as CloneCD. I am not completely sure as to what settings to use for FantomCD but I will play with it.