Warcraft 3

vbimport

Hey all,

Just got warcraft 3 and it uses secure rom .... used clonecd 4 and daemon tools (secure rom emulated) and works a treat ... not a coaster - will try later on (after a good nights playing) on how to get a perfect copy going with no emulation ....

:smiley:

oo rooo

Yep,it’s Securom New,just the same as Diablo 2.

Blizzard love Secrom.

Just read data/audio subs and burn.

Clony XXL picked up no protection for me, so i tried reading and burning with nothing checked on CLoneCD 3.3.4.1 or whatever it is. This one showed signs of Securom protection when i tried to play.

I tried to read again with read subchannels, but this took at least 14 hours, maybe because i have an Acer.
I also had “Hide CDR MEdia” checked.

I burnt the image and at 5% it stopped and said “Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (3:0x02:0xff)”

Maybe this was because i had hide CDR Media checked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey barrett,

I used clonecd ver 4.0.1.3 and this has a pre-defined securerom setting. Once burnt i used Daemon tools (300k) proggy that emulates the securerom protection and away it goes.

The burner is a Liteon 32123s (40x32x12)

Hope this helps.

CH

it seems to me Warcraft 3 uses Nimbus CD . My CD says nimbus instead of DADC for Safedisc.

Please confirm.

oops i meant Securom. my bad

Originally posted by mabbasc
it seems to me Warcraft 3 uses Nimbus CD . My CD says nimbus instead of DADC for Safedisc.

dadc is not safedisc, and it does not use nimbus, in any part of the world that i’ve heard of. never even heard of nimbus ;). its been securom new since june…shh…

if u look for nimbus online its a cd distribution company in UK (im on a shitty computer so cant look for the link)