WarCraft 3

vbimport

Hi there, does anyone have an official version of this game yet, not a beta? If so, what copy protection is it using?

Thanks in advance!!

chrome :0)

The official comes out July 3rd…

I think that it may be released in the UK earlier, I’ve seen it advertised in a store Electronics Boutique.

chrome

Warcraft III is copy protected by SecuRom, don’t know which version, I think the new one.

I know this from my good friends at Razor1911 :wink:

Originally posted by supershiva
[B]Warcraft III is copy protected by SecuRom, don’t know which version, I think the new one.

I know this from my good friends at Razor1911 :wink: [/B]

It’s a fair bet that it will be securerom new since blizzard used that protection for its most recently released title.

Protection : SecuROM / Compression

Okay, so I know what the copy protection is, now will my 32123s drive be able to back a successful backup using CloneCD or CDMate?

Most probably you could, I just done one almost :wink:

Is there some kind of CD rpotection ever exist that even 1: 1 disc cloning would fails to make a working copy? I would need some hint on what is the reading error is from :wink:

Tagès.

Originally posted by juji9
Protection : SecuROM / Compression

My fellow of the Rings told me that it look like some version of SafeDisc; with null iconic progs. :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I’ve been told the copy protection on this game is SONY Securom.

My copy hopefully is winging it’s way to me in the next few days so I tell you all if any of you are interested.

chrome ;0)

Originally posted by chrome307
[B]Hi guys, I’ve been told the copy protection on this game is SONY Securom.

My copy hopefully is winging it’s way to me in the next few days so I tell you all if any of you are interested.

chrome ;0) [/B]

Please do. You usually get new releases in the UK a week or two earlier than we do here in Oz and I’d be interested in knowing before it’s released here.

The protection is SONY SecuROM all according to the nfo from Razor1911. And they should know. I’m mean they cracked the game…

Couldn’t you just get a copy of the game (original disc) and use the Securom preset profiles for cloneCD and test to see if it works???

Clony XXL picked up no protection for me, so i tried reading and burning with nothing checked on CLoneCD 3.3.4.1 or whatever it is. This one showed signs of Securom protection when i tried to play.

I tried to read again with read subchannels, but this took at least 14 hours, maybe because i have an Acer.
I also had “Hide CDR MEdia” checked.

I burnt the image and at 5% it stopped and said “Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (3:0x02:0xff)”

Maybe this was because i had hide CDR Media checked?

I was interested at WKH’s post, “The 1:1 backup copy was perfect with the default “Game” CCD profile (ver. 4.0.0.1)”

I wonder how this was possible when it’s got New Securom protection?? maybe it will work for me if i get the new clone cd?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Barrett
[B]Clony XXL picked up no protection for me, so i tried reading and burning with nothing checked on CLoneCD 3.3.4.1 or whatever it is. This one showed signs of Securom protection when i tried to play.

I tried to read again with read subchannels, but this took at least 14 hours, maybe because i have an Acer.
I also had “Hide CDR MEdia” checked.

I burnt the image and at 5% it stopped and said “Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (3:0x02:0xff)”

Maybe this was because i had hide CDR Media checked?

I was interested at WKH’s post, “The 1:1 backup copy was perfect with the default “Game” CCD profile (ver. 4.0.0.1)”

I wonder how this was possible when it’s got New Securom protection?? maybe it will work for me if i get the new clone cd?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. [/B]

I’m fairly sure your Acer can’t read subs (but can write them) which would explain why your read took so long and your write failed. Do you have another reader?

Hide cd media has no effect on writing. It’s effect is limited to hiding the atip when you play a back-up copy from a cdrw rather than an ordinary cd/dvd rom. However, there is a bug in hide cd media in versions of clonecd prior to 4.0.1.6 so if you intend to upgrade your copy of clonecd, then upgrade to the latest version 4.0.1.9.

Yes. Only BenQ/Acer 2410P, 3210P, 4012P and 4816P could read subchannels correctly if I’m right.

The older writers also have problems with writing parts of the subchannel data which should only affect PSX copying thoug…

I’ve purchased it today and it’s: Securom!