Warcraft 3 backup and LGEUS CD-RW GCE-8160B

I wish to create a backup of my Warcraft 3 cd with an LGEUS GCE-8160B drive using Clone CD v4.0.10 (latest version). I know it uses Securom NEW. I use ClonyXXL v2.0.0.6 and when it requests me to start the game and exit afterwards it does not find any protection?!?

Is there a profile for Securom NEW for Clone CD 4 for this drive OR is this drive incompatible to copy Warcraft3?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BTW: I previously tried making a backup of War3 with no success. It autorun, installed properly, but when starting the game it prompted me with insert valid War3 disk.

ClonyXXL cannot detect SecuRom New so that’s normal. I’m not sure if your drive can read the SubChannel Data but you can try checking www.elby.ch and the supported writers. If your drive can read the Subs then you can read and write the game with your writer using the default Game Profile or the custom SecuRom Profile (see my signature for links). When playing the back-up from your writer you need to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD tray-icon. This is because of the ATIP Protection.

I got the same writer and same thing with clony.
G4m3Fr34k u said clony dont recognise securom new, thats not true since it scans for it in hdd and cd. maybe a bug i guess in coding :stuck_out_tongue:
well since i tried to duplicate my war3 original cd and didnt work using clonyxxl profile ( is it the right one ?), I tried Doeamon tools, works but i have to load and unload the .ccd every damn time i reboot comp sux !
so i said maybe clonyxxl profile is wrong and I got Maxxim Release, hopefully it will work , i didnt try yet.
my HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B is made in KOREA, which i heard only made in korea can duplicate SD2 at the time i bought it :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess now all slept on banana with new securom :a
(actually it started with SD i knew that it will be the end of 1:1, i knew it sadly… :frowning:
Anyway in 3 years games will be very sophisticated and require more space for files therefore cd games will be replaced by dvd’s, which will make it mission impossible for the scene due to bw :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

Apparently like you said my writer doesn’t support the read-subs. I have tried Blindread/write which is suppose to be able to copy the securom new protection but I still get the error message when I mount and load the image (I use fantom cd to test the image before burning cd-r) It keeps telling me to insert the war3 cd and press retry. At least I am not wasting any cd-r’s :slight_smile:

Hmmmm…