War of the Worlds (2005)

Used latest AnyDVD (5.5.5.1) and CloneDVD2 (2.8.5.1) and copied War of the Worlds (Region1/WS) without any problems at all…No ARccOS or RipGuard on this one.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 5.5.5.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WAR_OF_THE_WORLDS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

i used anydvd5551/recode2 on the region2 just fine, what’s news about this though - have people had problems?

Used same, but mine was region 1 widescreen. Full disc back up, no problems.

The only problem I had was that I wasted a perfectly good disc on a crappy movie. It backed up great.

Yo-

Amen - Bra-

Did you ever get those Ricoh 4x +R R01’s?

I’m getting some kicka$$ burns with these - especially the 1640 xed to EW164B with WOPC and OS = off and SB = on

Mike

Are we going to start a thread on every successful backup?

No, but after the recent event of ‘Tough to copy DVD’s’ that hit the market, I wanted users to be aware that ‘WOW’ was not one of them. The question about the movie was actually brought up b4 the movie was released in a Madagascar/Stealth thread in this forum.

LOL Alan :clap:

Is this thread heading somewhere or did I miss something :confused:

I have backed up all of mine with no problem. Should I list all 200 of them?

No. We expect more of a contribution from you than just a simple list. :wink: Please show good manners and industriousness by taking the time to start a new thread for every movie you had no problems with. :disagree: That would certainly be much cheerier than posting about all the silly, irratating backup issues that are better left unsaid. I just hate negativity!

Thank you very much and have a lovely day,

Ms. Manners & Mr. Courtesy
(together for the first time on a two-disk special edition release)

Im backing mine up now! Have not watched it yet but heard it was a crappy ending—dont know what that means yet.

First half of movie kicked Arse, but after that they must have been watching too much of the movie ‘Signs’.

You guys have to remember that this book was written close to 100 years ago, and for the most part the book mirrors the movie.

I just recorded War of the Worlds (twice) from DirecTV Cinemax to my Tivo and then burned it onto my DVD recorder as I have 100’s of other movies and it won’t finalize?
What’s up with that?
Thanks for any info…

its a WNP
sheesh

Question. What has this got to do with AnyDVD?

Answer. Absolutely nothing.

In future with problems like this raise your own thread in a forum that’s relevant, namely Newbie for you.

Thanks for your help and posturing like an ass.

TimC made a very valid suggestion. you’ll get more help if you post your problems in forums that are related to the topic. no one is required to be here to help you. forum members volunteer their time to troubleshoot peoples’ problems, and I find your calling him an ass to be rather rude and uncalled for.

anydvd is for decryption of commercial dvd titles. I’m not sure if your standalone recorder finalizes the discs for you or if yuo must use a software program to do so, but posting in either the dvd recorder forum, the appropriate forum for whatever software you use, or the newbie forum if you’re not sure how to do it would be your bset chances at getting clear, specific, and knowledgeable answers about your problem.

if you do post your problem elsewhere, be sure to include as much information as you possibly can. you’ll likely get few responses to “my disc won’t finalize” if you don’t provide type of disc, typpe of recorder, software and version numbers, and so and and so forth…

Thank You very much for making it clear for me. I am a newbie (obviously with just 6 posts) and I appreciate someone realizing that and redirecting me out of harms way without treating “me” rudely as well. I apologize to TimC and hope he reads this and is a bit more accommodating with the lost newbie in the future.
BTW, I have posted in the newbies…Thanks again for your help