Want to change Media Write Speed

vbimport

Hi
Any way to change a my medias write speed. I am currently using 2 samsung burners 203N-203B and using Prassi ONES for burning. I bought a ton of Memorex DVD+R 16X media and it always defaults to burning at 20x which burns iffy at best? It burns great at 12x. I know with Imgburn you can set the media to a lower speed and it keeps the information but I having random problems burning with Imgburn.

Hi,

most burning softwares default the write speeds to the values, the firmware of the drive reports for the inserted blank disc. So you have to change the burn speed manually within the burning application. There should be also such a possibility in Ones.

MCSE allows to edit the “media table” in the firmware, maybe this is another option for you. But note, using such a modified firmware will void any warranty of the drive.

Michael

Ok I got the MCSE program but it doesn’t work with the newest firmware for either of my drives. The firmware on my SH-S203N is SB02 and SH-S203B has SB04. Also I used Patch Utility for Samsung MTK based DVD Writers so I am not sure what to do next. Should I try an older firmware or try to get the MCSE author to update his utility to include the newer firmware? And I assume I can use both patch programs at the same time for there different features? Heres a link of supported firmware for MCSE .

http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/changelog.txt

Hi,[quote=mikemn;2169745]Ok I got the MCSE program but it doesn’t work with the newest firmware for either of my drives. The firmware on my SH-S203N is SB02 and SH-S203B has SB04.[/quote]Then you are doing something wrong. See screenshots at the bottom of this post.

Heres a link of supported firmware for MCSE .

Both firmwares are supported.

And I assume I can use both patch programs at the same time for there different features?
You should be able to load a firmware treated with MCSE into the Flash Utility or vice versa.

Hi mciahel,
Here is one one my MCSE screens using my patched firmware. I was expecting to be able to check/uncheck the different media speeds but they are greyed out. I tried earlier importing my memorex media earlier and it brought in all the speeds but cant change any of the speed choices:(

Hi,

unfortunately there is no “MCSE for Samsung DVD writers” thread here, so you might check this thread if there is a solution:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/mediacodespeededit-tool-dvd-writers-114269/

You might also just load an older firmware version into MCSE in order to see if you can change the speeds there. I must admit, I never played with these settings.

Michael