Walmart offers 16GB iPhone 3GS for $97

vbimport

Walmart offers 16GB iPhone 3GS for $97.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/05/viiFwm.jpg[/newsimage]Walmart announced it will slash the price of the 16GB Apple iPhone 3GS from $197 down to $97 when customers sign up for the mandatory two-year wireless contract.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/walmart-offers-16gb-iphone-3gs-for-97-30061/](http://www.myce.com/news/walmart-offers-16gb-iphone-3gs-for-97-30061/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I bet the elitists in the iPhone crowd will be sad since it’ll no longer be just them carrying around an iPhone now…

It’s definitely nice to see the iPhones become more affordable. Of course, we all know this price drop is due to the impending debut of the iPhone v4.

A new iPhone being made as fast as possible?
Sigh… looks like we’ll be seeing some more Foxconn jumpers.

Lol … iphone elitist’s?
Seems like everyone has one in oz … it’s practically mass-adopted. I wish everyone would change their default ring tones … when in public transport, it seems like one person gets 3 calls a minute :stuck_out_tongue:

At any rate, I understand the older iphones aren’t fast enough & don’t have enough ram to support MULTI-TASKING which is up & coming on iphone firmware 4.0.

Hmm …

[QUOTE=debro;2520566]Lol … iphone elitist’s?
Seems like everyone has one in oz … it’s practically mass-adopted.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but don’t those iPhone owners still think that they are just so cool for owning an iPhone?

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2520729]Yeah, but don’t those iPhone owners still think that they are just so cool for owning an iPhone?[/QUOTE]
Maybe. But I suspect all those ahem cool people are standing outside the apple store for the next 24hrs waiting for the release of the ipad :stuck_out_tongue: I’d suggest they’re practically freezing, and it’s been raining heavily … it’s winter here, and apple in their infinite wisdom, and big glass house, decided not to put any sort of awning or canopy in front of their store because it would spoil the effect :stuck_out_tongue:

My company went with iphones almost 3 years ago, based on the fact they are simple to use, and you can read email relatively easily. Something which many phone manufacturers are only starting to catch up with now.

Seriously … we really only use these iphones for calling, sms, and checking email when out of office. I use mine for mp3’s & surfing the web while out & about.

Practically every phone can do it now, they’re just not as easy to use as iphones.

[QUOTE=debro;2520814]I’d suggest they’re practically freezing, and it’s been raining heavily … it’s winter here, and apple in their infinite wisdom, and big glass house, decided not to put any sort of awning or canopy in front of their store because it would spoil the effect[/QUOTE]

Winter? Where do you live? I live in Canada – home of olympic hockey gold, igloos, great beer, and polar bears – and it’s 29C (34 with humidity) here today. You must live in Antarctica.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521004]Winter? Where do you live? I live in Canada – home of olympic hockey gold, igloos, great beer, and polar bears – and it’s 29C (34 with humidity) here today. You must live in Antarctica.[/QUOTE]
Australia … southern hemisphere … the seasons are upside down, the water goes down the plug hole the wrong way. Home of the female beach volleyball, tinny lean-to, great beer, and koalas (and they’re not bears).

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521004]You must live in Antarctica.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same about much of the rest of the civilised world :slight_smile:
(Tropics & coastal areas excluded).
The minimum temperatures here, even at 4-5am at the end of winter, are well above 0 deg Celsius :wink:

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521004] I live in Canada – home of (…) great beer, .[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=debro;2521120]Australia … (…). Home of (…) great beer (…)[/QUOTE]That’s absolutely impossible.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=debro;2521120]Australia … southern hemisphere … the seasons are upside down[/QUOTE]

But it’s spring here. Is it not fall (autumn) there?

[QUOTE=mciahel;2521187]That’s absolutely impossible.[/QUOTE]

It is impossible. Debro is obviously lying. Everyone knows Canadian beer is made from pure glacial runoff.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521240]
It is impossible. Debro is obviously lying.[/quote]Agreed.

Everyone knows Canadian beer is made from pure glacial runoff.
Nothing else? And you call that beer? :confused:

Great beer comes from Germany and the Chech republic. Anything else is simply fake :bigsmile:

–> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purity_Law More than 500 years of quality :smiley:

[QUOTE=debro;2521120]The minimum temperatures here, even at 4-5am at the end of winter, are well above 0 deg Celsius ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s Autumn, and the temperatures are much higher - currently minimums of about 4-7deg Celsius.
In Winter, it still doesn’t get too close to zero, it just stays cold longer in the day :iagree:

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521240]Everyone knows Canadian beer is made from pure glacial runoff.[/QUOTE]
Well that explains why Canadian Tourists can’t handle their alcohol.

At any rate, pure glacial runoff is still better than Fosters, which is, quite frankly, water filtered through a horses kidney - that’s why we export it. :wink:

[QUOTE=debro;2521433]At any rate, pure glacial runoff is still better than Fosters, which is, quite frankly, water filtered through a horses kidney - that’s why we export it. ;)[/QUOTE]

I drank Foster’s in college and I loved it. But that’s not saying much. I drank everything in college, including vanilla extract.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2521999]I drank Foster’s in college and I loved it. But that’s not saying much. I drank everything in college, including vanilla extract.[/QUOTE]
Real vanilla extract, or that artificial vanilla?

You know that joke, where people piss in a bottle, and then hand it to someone …
That’s Fosters :iagree: