I had to get up at 3.00 am this morning,but WALMART is having
great deals today. They are selling a blueray dvd player
magnavox for about $ 128.00 dollars, EMERSON HDTV 32’ FOR
$ 388.00 DOLLARS . Also a 50’ SAMSUNG HDTV for $ 798.00 DOLLARS
So for those of you who live here on the west coast of
CALIFORNIA. There are still plenty in stock untill 11.00 am this
morning.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

i wouldn’t touch an emerson hdtv with a 10 foot pole. samsung is a great tv though.

The wife is at Walmart to pick up the blu-ray player for a X-mas gift for the Daughter and grandson.

I suppose the Magnavox is not profile 2.0, is that correct? I couldn’t seem to find anything that indicated that it had an ethernet port. edit Nevermind it is still V1.1. I won’t bother with it. Man, am I upset that I missed out on the panasonic player at sears for $150.

I went overboard and paid 199.99 for a Sony BDP-S350.:sad: But I had a $40 coupon from SonyStyle so it was only 169.99.

Both local wal-marts were out of the Blu-ray player. Wish I could find a deal like you did Alan on the Sony.

Sorry to report that the walmart in Valley Steam, NY had the crowd break down the doors at 5am and trample an employee. The animals continued to shop in a frenzy even while police tried to administer 1st aid, they were pushed about. The store had to be closed. The poor person ended up dead.
All over some black friday sales.
SHAMEFULL.

I’m keeping an eye on amazon. They have the S350 and the Panny BDK35 for about $220 shipped right now so I am curious to see how low they will go over the next few weeks.

[QUOTE=dpr99;2165484]i wouldn’t touch an emerson hdtv with a 10 foot pole. samsung is a great tv though.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2165514]I went overboard and paid 199.99 for a Sony BDP-S350.:sad: But I had a $40 coupon from SonyStyle so it was only 169.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bought one of those for $159 and also got a price match for $179 at Wal-mart for another one. The 350 is an oustanding player folks.

Anyone have a comparison between the S350 and the Panny BDK35. My two biggest concerns being load time and ability to read through scratches and dust. :wink:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2165650]Anyone have a comparison between the S350 and the Panny BDK35. My two biggest concerns being load time and ability to read through scratches and dust. ;)[/QUOTE]

My 350 loads fast (at least the tray opens and shuts like a normal DVD/ not like an HD player that we all have). It does the live link thing which takes a few extra seconds. It has a small foot print with a LAN connection that works perfect everytime. I am impressed with this little unit to say the least. I wanted a Pan 55 but could not justify the extra $100-150 big ones man. I think Frys and Walmart price match are still options for you, or just wait until later and see if prices drop more. last year the lowest prices were before Thanksgiving but with the economy going to a depression all bets are off.
get the Pan 55 if you must have a Pan. You should be able to pick one up for $250 eventualy.

Good to know on the tray issue. That is probably my only gripe about my Toshiba A3 (waiting 30-40 seconds before I can even eject the tray). Anyways, outside of the insane A2 sale last year at wal-mart, I actually found that the December/January deals on amazon were actually better than the black friday sales, so I am hoping that the same thing will happen this year.

The sony 350 is 179.00 with free shipping at Dell.com right now, good today only. Just ordered one.

They have them also at SonyStyle.com for 199.00 free shipping plus they have a coupon you can use, it comes to almost the same price. Good stuff, the prices are really dropping on these Bluray players.

[QUOTE=nickyboy4;2165572]Sorry to report that the walmart in Valley Steam, NY had the crowd break down the doors at 5am and trample an employee. The animals continued to shop in a frenzy even while police tried to administer 1st aid, they were pushed about. The store had to be closed. The poor person ended up dead.
All over some black friday sales.
[B][U]SHAMEFULL[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

Mob mentality like when a soccer riot breaks. I canNOT believe there was an actual fatality … over a Black Friday sale of all things. Was saving the $/% really worth taking someone’s / some dad’s / some husband’s / some friend’s life?

Since I highly doubt the Black Friday frenzies will ever loose popularity or hype, I hope the participating retailers at least take better precautions for this type of thing either happening directly to their employees or to the hordes of people stamping thru their stores.

Truly a very terrible shame.

The stories I read recounted how the throngs of people just kept pushing thru past the down person. With all due respect to current dire situations many families are in, I won’t comment that saving money isn’t any less important. But, this was such a terrible way to leave this world.

Though it may have been a Black Friday for those few that made it to their targetted items on time …

… it truly was a [B][I]BLACK[/I][/B] Friday for the family of the deceased.

Just awful.

NINBANG
I agree it wasn’t worth the workers life. I know
NEW YORKERS are known to get out of line every now
and then,but man?. This was to much.
ZAP.:(:frowning:

[QUOTE=zap em;2165852]NINBANG
I agree it wasn’t worth the workers life. I know
NEW YORKERS are known to get out of line every now
and then,but man?. This was to much.
ZAP.:(:([/QUOTE]

This is in no way a NY thing. :disagree:
This is what humans do. Anything for a buck.

Yup, I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened more often. Either way I now have yet another excuse to avoid black fridays in the future.

NICKBOY
Sorry I didn’t mean no offence. I have been to NEW YORK
and I think it’s a great city. I also don’t believe the shoppers
intentionally were being cold hearted. I think because of the
size of the crowd most of the people didn’t even know
what was going on. However knowing the size of the crowds
over there as to here in my city in ,CALIFORNIA. I have to for
once agree with JESTERECE,and have to say it is a miracle
it dosn’t happen more often. However for the workers loss
of life it wasn’t worth it.
ZAP.:(:rolleyes: