Wall-e

Cannot not get WALL-E to open. I get a read/wrtie error message. I have Pathplayer always enabled and have tried to get it to ignore reading errors but still no luck. I have been using DVDFAB for several years now and this is the first time in a long I have had a problem backing up my DVD.

Any suggestions?

Hi cinemafreak and welcome to the forum. First, which version of Fab are you using ? If it’s not the newest, 5.3.0.6, download it now. Then make sure your orig disc is clean and free of marks. Next I’d disable pathplayer and try it and see what kind of response you get. Give that a shot and if it doesn’t help, post back. ~ Mike

ok, disk is not perfect but not bad. I am using the latest beta version and disabled pathplayer but if I read the whole movie, it reads 59.829 gigs. It if do main movie or custom, it gives me 20 versions of the director’s cut (which I rarely copy) but I could not find the main movie in any of the files. OK I did not try all 20 but only the ones with slight variance in file length and no luck.

I backed up that movie and didn’t have any problems let alone the ones your talking about. Is this a blue ray dvd ? Your reg dvd’s are only 8 gigs at the most. And Fab compress’s them to 4.7 or less. So I’m at a loss as to what your experiencing. I’m sorry but there are alot of smart people here and I’m sure they’ll be able to give you some better advice ok. Good luck man. ~ Mike