WALL-E and sync in Generic Profile

vbimport

Hi all

I have completed a DVD to Mobile conversion with version 5.2.0.8 beta. The conversion is a Generic avi.xvid.mp3 format. The player that it is viewed on requires 512 mbps, 320x240 (cropped) and mp3 audio settings that have been set as the default format and worked on other conversions without issues. It starts out in sync but around 1 hour and 15 minutes into it I notice it becoming out of sync. By the end of the movie it is about 1 second out. It makes no differance if the file is viewed on the portable player or on my computer.

It is hard to tell if it progressively goes out or if it goes from good to no good instantly (hard to tell when most of the robots don’t have mouths!). I was able to sucessfully burn a backup using DVD to DVD Main Movie with the same source disk so I believe the disk is a good one. It is a Region 1 DVD and the computer is running Vista home Premium 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hi,

I will do a test tomorrow,

thanks report.

Thanks! :wink:

[QUOTE=Ting;2173738]hi,

I will do a test tomorrow,

thanks report.[/QUOTE]

Any update on this?

I haven’t tried the newest version yet. I’ll try it in the next few days and post back

Just tried 5.2.2.2 and it worked perfectly! Thanks Ting! :clap:

[QUOTE=keledole;2184429]Just tried 5.2.2.2 and it worked perfectly! Thanks Ting! :clap:[/QUOTE]

I tried this with 5.2.2.2 yesterday and it was still out of sync 75% through. (As you said, it may have been out earlier, but it is hard to determine until the captain starts to speak.)

What configuration did you use?

I just double checked the file and the sync is dead on.

I used generic.avi.xvid.mp3 settings, fast encoding(1 pass),fixed bitrate 512kbps,320x240 (cropped) frame resolution, 23 frames/second, audio volume at 150% and 128 kbps bitrate.

The portable player my kids have require the low(512) video bitrate so I do all conversions this way.

[QUOTE=keledole;2184579]
I used generic.avi.xvid.mp3 settings, fast encoding(1 pass),fixed bitrate 512kbps,320x240 (cropped) frame resolution, 23 frames/second, audio volume at 150% and 128 kbps bitrate.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I cannot set 23fps. I am close, but not exact. Did you really choose 23fps? Or was it actually 23.976fps?

I selected generic.avi.xvid.mp3
Fast encoding (1-pass)
Fixed Bitrate 512kbps
No split
Framerate (23 is not an option, I choose 23.976fps (I had tried “same as source” also)
Frame Resolution 320x136
Audio bitrate 128kbps
Voume 150%
No Subpicture.

At 1:06 into the movie, the captain speaks roughly 1 second before the audio plays.

Sorry, it was 23.976 fps as you said. Are you ripping the dvd to your hard drive first and then converting to an avi or are you converting from the original dvd?

I had already put my original dvd safely away so I converted from the kids backup copy that was easily at hand. I’m not sure if it matters but maybe it did. I also use the “pathplayer always enabled” setting. Not exactly sure what it does or if it makes a differance for DVD to mobile conversions but I thought I would just throw it out there. I’ve found that the smallest detail, no matter how trivial they seem, could be the differance between success and failure.

Good luck and keep me posted.

I had copied it using the “DVD to DVD/Customize” option. The audio was out of sync there too. I also tried to rip directly from the DVD. both were ineffective.

Which audio did you copy when you backed it up to the drive?

Oh, did you do a DVD9 or DVD5 backup?

hi,

Please try to use audiocopy profile to test it, I think maybe some audio frame is decode failed will cause a/v sync. so please try it.

Thank.

Sorry, I was away. When I copied the original it was the Main Movie profile using a DVD 5. Also the audio I chose to copy was AC-3/5.1