Wal-Mart to sell computers with Linux

$199 in 1 of every 8 stores. Downside - everything is google oriented and the PC itself is low level performance wise.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/technology/2007/10/31/Wal.Mart.Linux.Computer/

Bah! - low end computers … poor people will buy them & not be familiar with M$ and you can only go up from the bottom -> Rich people will buy them for the kids … and America will end up with an entire generation of kids unfamiliar with M$ products, but familiar with freeware/open source products.

The short story is: M$ is going DOWN!

poor will buy them to browse i-net and smart among them will format the damn thing and install smth more familiar

I couldn’t access the article - what Linux have they installed on the computers?
Thx.

[QUOTE=Prof. Honeydew;1931079]I couldn’t access the article - what Linux have they installed on the computers?
Thx.[/QUOTE]

gOS and is derived from the popular Ubuntu variant. It’s heavily oriented toward Google’s Web sites and online applications, like YouTube, Gmail and the company’s word processing program, all of which can be used only when the computer is connected to a broadband line.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1931121]gOS and is derived from the popular Ubuntu variant. It’s heavily oriented toward Google’s Web sites and online applications, like YouTube, Gmail and the company’s word processing program, all of which can be used only when the computer is connected to a broadband line.
:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess the good thing about Linux is that people can just install a different browser, and open office etc when they get the computer.
Google are no doubt relying one people’s laziness not to bother :slight_smile:
It’s just part of their plan for world domination… Google won’t be any different to M$ in the long run :rolleyes: