Wal-Mart corruption and mistreatment of employees

Has anyone heard if Wal-mart is going to have another secret sale tomorrow Dec 21?

I thought they would. They had one before BF with $99 HDDVD players, one on BF with $388 HP, Dell, and Toshibas LTs, and one on Dec 7th with a Gateway Celeron LT for $399.

Last chance I guess, and a couple of employees I talked to thought they would, but they are the last ones to know, and their website does not have the usual announcement.

no offense, can’t shop there, they’re bad for America!

[QUOTE=daimyodrum;1958336]no offense, can’t shop there, they’re bad for America![/QUOTE]

It’s capitalism and progress. They said the same thing about Honda in the 1980s and industrialization in the 1880s. It’s just progress.

[QUOTE=daimyodrum;1958336]no offense, can’t shop there, they’re bad for America![/QUOTE]

They are not bad for America there are large areas of this country that like the one that I live in that would be hurting if it was not for wa-lmart. Without them we would be paying twice as much for items and a lot of items we would not be able to get

Thats just union propaganda, here in NY they employ challeneged people who might well not be able to find a job elsewhere. The folks that we talk to there say they like it there and are treated fine.
Dont belive everything you hear.

[QUOTE=RyanChappelle;1958340]It’s capitalism and progress. They said the same thing about Honda in the 1980s and industrialization in the 1880s. It’s just progress.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::bow:

Some people always nag about big corporation that provide main backbone of economy to this country and Wal-Mart alone provide bread & butter for more 150,000 members and their families directly and may be 10 times more to others indirectly. Some may want to take good to see how other countries do.

[QUOTE=nickyboy4;1958711]Thats just union propaganda, here in NY they employ challeneged people who might well not be able to find a job elsewhere. The folks that we talk to there say they like it there and are treated fine.
Dont belive everything you hear.[/QUOTE]

I %100:iagree::bow:

Sorry but i have to say that when my brother was alive and worked at Wally World he complained that getting health insurance would cut his paycheck 1/3+ so he could not afford insurance. On the other hand my ex wifes sister does the hiring at the same Wally World and she thinks they do everyone a favor with hiring high school drop outs/low educated people :confused:

I still shop there but it’s sad how management treats their employees. I’m sure other stores are the same way.

Yeah, if you search around on the internet there is a documentary made about Wal-Mart and how bad it can be…They really encourage you to get your state funded low income insurance…

[QUOTE=n4cag;1958780]Yeah, if you search around on the internet there is a documentary made about Wal-Mart and how bad it can be…They really encourage you to get your state funded low income insurance…[/QUOTE]My ex wifes sister worked in Bentonville,AR also for awhile making the videos of the seminars. You know the ones that they make everyone get up and shout and stuff. Go get em’. Boo rah rah sis boom bah. Wally World is the greatest type stuff and i saw some of these videos. Just another way to brain wash them…This was privileged information at that time. 8 yrs ago or so.

Edit:
I’m not saying to shop there or not to. I’m just letting ya’ll know what i know on the up and up.

[quote=rolling56;1958784]My ex wifes sister worked in Bentonville,AR also for awhile making the videos of the seminars. You know the ones that they make everyone get up and shout and stuff. Go get em’. Boo rah rah sis boom bah. Wally World is the greatest type stuff and i saw some of these videos. Just another way to brain wash them…This was privileged information at that time. 8 yrs ago or so.

Edit:
I’m not saying to shop there or not to. I’m just letting ya’ll know what i know on the up and up.[/quote]
You can all say what you want , but old Sam knew how to run a business. I think everyone is just jealous. :iagree: ( just j/king)

[QUOTE=alan1476;1958788]You can all say what you want , but old Sam knew how to run a business. I think everyone is just jealous. :iagree: ( just j/king)[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: Sam got mad because he got thrown out of Ben Franklin stores so he started his own i believe the story goes.

[quote=rolling56;1958791]:bigsmile: Sam got mad because he got thrown out of Ben Franklin stores so he started his own i believe the story goes.[/quote]Ben Franklin should have promoted him to president. Then maybe their venture into company owned stores wouldn’t have resulted in bankruptcy.

Although I live in Egypt way way far from the USA , I’ve read many times how bad Wal-Mart is . I was confused that there are no W-M stores in the whole NY city and during my search I’ve read how the small businesses owners made a stand against W-M opening stores in NY and how they succeeded .

My brother in TN is always shopping at W-M and I always tell him not to shop there and he is always like this : huh ! why ? they are very good !!

[QUOTE=alan1476;1958788]You can all say what you want , but old Sam knew how to run a business. I think everyone is just jealous. :iagree: ( just j/king)[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you that Sam knew how to run his business, he had the policy to sell American made products, when one was available. When he left this world and his family took over, it has been what ever is the cheapest, and then sell it even cheaper. I for one would like to see it like when Sam ran it, I would pay a few extra dollars, too see Made in American items, instead of mostly Made in China. That is only my opinion, so I do not shop at Wally World. I do know that you can not blame Wally World for all the losses of American made items, but they and the free but not fair trade folks, are equal partners in this decline. I do understand that this is a very diverse community, with many nationalities represented and hope I have not offended anyone, my rant is over and best of luck finding your Wally World secret sales!!

Uh folks, we have gotten way off topic here. The topic is about Wal-Mart secret sales. Not general complaints about points of origin and employee issues.
Not a single post in this thread confirms or denies the original poster’s question.

but we were having fun

[QUOTE=samlar;1959082]but we were having fun[/QUOTE]

Might I suggest The Lounge for such things. :bigsmile:

Sam was a good man. I think things were a little more user friendly when he was alive.

Ditto/move to lounge

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1959008]Uh folks, we have gotten way off topic here. The topic is about Wal-Mart secret sales. Not general complaints about points of origin and employee issues.
Not a single post in this thread confirms or denies the original poster’s question.[/QUOTE]You can delete my posts if needed. Sorry i got carried away :doh: