Waiting for buffer to recover and cant burn above 4x

Hi I am burning an xbox 360 game on this drive for the first time. The drive I had was a pioneer dvr115d, caused semaphore timeouts, etc. Changed to Sony Optiarc 7240s this drive, these errors do not appear anymore.

I used to be able to burn at 8x before, and this speed would for some reason let me play my backed up 360 games, anything lower than that would give a read error (even though abgx would verify everything).

When I burn anything using this, I find that during the first few percentages of burning, the buffer would go down to zero, and then it will say waiting for buffer to recover. After doing this, it happens again. Afterwards, it’s fine.

Anyway, after burning I found that the game would not run (burnt at 2.4x), so I figured, might as well try burning at 8x again. However, the max speed it would write is 4x, even though I set it to 8.

I did not have this problem with my previous drive. So why is this happening here?

And please, I am begging everyone, don’t tell me to use verbatim discs. It’s what I am using, MKM-001 from singapore.

Do you have STPD or whatever it’s called those shitty drivers that daemon tools and alcohol 120% install?

Where’s the burn log?

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2420544]Do you have STPD or whatever it’s called those shitty drivers that daemon tools and alcohol 120% install?[/QUOTE]
You probably mean SPTD which is an abbreviation for SCSI Pass Through Direct - a native Windows interface for accessing (SCSI) devices

No I don’t have that driver. The game actually worked when I burnt it at 4x.

Why didn’t it work with the 2.4x burn?

[QUOTE=99shassan;2420687]No I don’t have that driver.[/QUOTE]
You do if you have Windows NT or newer - it’s part of these operating systems

I removed this a while ago. I went through this step after reading that it could slow down burns. So I found a tool online that removes this driver.

You might have removed all kinds of stuff but definitely not SPTD as it’s the only native way for applications to access optical drives. Even other drivers such as ASPI rely on this interface. If you removed SPTD, you couldn’t even read a disc

[QUOTE=Liggy;2420790]You might have removed all kinds of stuff but definitely not SPTD as it’s the only native way for applications to access optical drives. Even other drivers such as ASPI rely on this interface. If you removed SPTD, you couldn’t even read a disc[/QUOTE]

This is the same driver that is installed with daemon tools? That’s the one I removed

I’m attempting to burn a game now, now this is happening constantly. The buffer goes down, the log say’s waiting for buffer to recover when it goes to 0, after the buffer goes up to 100%, the log says waiting for hard drive to reach threshold level. As soon as writing starts again, the buffer starts going down again.

Well you could check your HDD to make sure it’s up to speed. With the free version of this:

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

Also make sure nothing is going on that is accessing your HDD. I had a similar experience when I tried decompressing a RAR archive while burning.