"wait to killapp timeout"

vbimport

hello there

I have seen this on a website and was just after a second oppinion

How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown
Open Registry by going to START-RUN and typing REGEDIT. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP and look for AutoEndTasks. On my computer default value is 0. Change it to 1. Thats all. Further more you can reduce the time it takes for Windows to issue kill directive to all active/hung applications. In doing this only constraint that you should make sure exists is that HungAppTimeout is greater than WaitToKillAppTimeout. Change the values of WaitToKillAppTimeout to say 3500 (since default value for HungAppTimeout 5000 and for WaitToKillAppTimeout is 20000)

The autoendtasks value is already set to 1 in my registry i was wondering about the second part

the current value for (wait to killapp timeout ) is 20000
So as it says change it to say 3500… would this be ok and safe to do so

thanks for any of your replys

Sorry if i am in the wrong forum

[QUOTE=icarly;2159575]hello there

I have seen this on a website and was just after a second oppinion

How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown
Open Registry by going to START-RUN and typing REGEDIT. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP and look for AutoEndTasks. On my computer default value is 0. Change it to 1. Thats all. Further more you can reduce the time it takes for Windows to issue kill directive to all active/hung applications. In doing this only constraint that you should make sure exists is that HungAppTimeout is greater than WaitToKillAppTimeout. Change the values of WaitToKillAppTimeout to say 3500 (since default value for HungAppTimeout 5000 and for WaitToKillAppTimeout is 20000)

The autoendtasks value is already set to 1 in my registry i was wondering about the second part

[B]the current value for (wait to killapp timeout ) is 20000
So as it says change it to say 3500… would this be ok and safe to do so[/B]

thanks for any of your replys

Sorry if i am in the wrong forum[/QUOTE]

Yes that is fine, I used both those registry edits. I can atest it works. But make sure you have backup your registry when you do it.

Yes that is fine, I used both those registry edits. I can atest it works. But make sure you have backup your registry when you do it.

Great thanks for replying i can go ahead with that

Yes i always do back up the registry before i make any changes to it

thanks again

np but if you search the net there are other registery edit you can use as well but just do a search and you should be able to find them. I will post some of the links I use when I can find where I saved them to if possible.