'W' Version

vbimport

which out of you liteon boyz will buy a 'w' version assuming :[list=a]
[li]The W version means P-CAV writing
[/li][li]none of the exisitng drives can be updated from a S--->W
[/li][/list=a]

i thought that there is a new firmware being tested for the current litey 40125s infact the main man has it on this site - ZSOD To enable us to change the ‘s’ to the ‘w’ to support p-cav and mt Rnr.
or have i missed read …
:smiley:

Maybe. But I don’t need anymore writers right now… :slight_smile:

I would only by 40x P-CAV. Would be a really good addition to my plextor 24x, which can handle protected audio cds, to my toshiba 1502, which is recommended by elby for reading subchannels, and to my pioneer dvd-writer…

regards,
alex

Originally posted by alexnoe
I would only by 40x P-CAV. Would be a really good addition to my plextor 24x, which can handle protected audio cds, to my toshiba 1502, which is recommended by elby for reading subchannels, and to my pioneer dvd-writer…
regards,
alex

Woow, u got some nice toyz:D

I have a Lite-on 32123S
:frowning: I wished they made a firmware upgrade for this feature instead of a new model…

If I needed a new burner, I’d definitely buy the 40x P-CAV unit. However, I’m happy with the 32123S, it works fine. No need to spend money foolishly.

I just bought a LTR-32123S a couple of weeks ago. I’m not buying another one now, considering it will only shave a few seconds off of burn time. :stuck_out_tongue:

…Maybe when the 80x models come out. :cool:

Serously, my next burner will probably be a DVD burner, and not until they are cheaper and have just one surviving RW media format. :confused: