VW Teleatlas DVD Navigation Europe

vbimport

Hi, i have a dvd software for VW Navigator MFD2 (Teleatlas Maps Navigation Europa V2).
I tried to copy it with the following software in a Verbatin DVD+R, Verbatim -R, Ritek DVD +R DL and Sony DVD +R:

-Nero burning Rom 7.0.1.2
-Alcohol120% 1.9.5.3823
-CloneCd 5.2.8.1
-RecordNow 8.0
-DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0
-Blindwrite 5.0

The original DVD gratest very much and it cost much money so I like to have a copy. I’m analyzed the dvd and it doesnt have any protection (or it seems but).
According Nero Info tools it’s a dvd-rom simple layer.

According DVD Decrypter

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.19 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 1.997.184
Size: 4.090.232.832 bytes
Time: 443:51:09 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.193.791
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

I don’t know what kind of file read the VW MFD2, I think that only read DVD-ROM and CD-Audio. If anyone have idea I’m very congratulated to know it. I think that my DVD recorder, record on DVD +R not in DVD-ROM.

¿It is possible that it was the mistake? ¿What could I solve it?

Thank you very much.

I try to burn a copy of DVD with a Pioneer 110D (firmware 8.39 from http://tdb.rpc1.org/index.htm#DVR110D)

More info about the original DVD:

Info about a Copy of DVD:

According DVD Decryter:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D 8.39 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 1.997.184
Size: 4.090.232.832 bytes
Time: 443:51:09 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RITEK-R03-02
Book Type: DVD+R
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RITEK-R03-02
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.193.791

¿somebody can help me? I’m in favor desperate of being able to make a copy of the DVD.

Thank you

Impossible, I try all the method possible and the result are wrong. ¿somebody can tell me that I can do it?

I tried it too, but havent used so many optioons as you did. I failed too.
About protection,
Have you noticed, how FAAST navi unit determinates if it is a burned DVD disc?
Its about … you put DVDR in, it launches, reaches some speed, one short laser head movement, zz zzz and voila disc is incompatible … i even counted … it tooks 2 SECONDS (counting in mount time).
We should start from this, find out what a copy protection it is … we know it works damn fast!
Smbd any suggestions?

I tried to copy v1, but no succeed.

Basic thing i tried is, that i changed booktype from dvd+r to DVD-ROM, but it doesn’t work. :frowning:

Has anyone anorher idea???

I will try to burn it to anorher mark of DVD. I bunr it to verbatim r+ a i thing, that it isn’t right choise. I thing that the all navigations don’t like verbatim DVD media(Cd as well). I will try TDK, sony…

Please, somebody help me… :sad:

I tried to burn it with alcohol 120, medium sony dvd+r change booktype on dvd-rom, 4X speed burn and no change. Navigation in car determinate after 2 sec. incompatible DVD in drive.

A-ray scanner said there is no protetion.

I found, what protection is on this DVD. It si Settec Alpha ROM … it is first step

Anybody can help me, what i can do with this protection…

Using AnyDVD you should be able to clone the DVD. Slysoft added support for Settec Alpha protection. Would you please try give it a try? Please tell us your result, ok?

Hi everybody! It’s been a while since no one post and seems nobody came up with a solution to copy this DVD. Currently I’m on it, but I haven’t achieved it already. If there’s anybody who has been successful, it would be cool if he/she tells us how to! I will keep on burning wrong DVD’s :wink:
Thanks!!

u read this topic ? :slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=137886

[QUOTE=amanuel12;1788422]Hi everybody! It’s been a while since no one post and seems nobody came up with a solution to copy this DVD. Currently I’m on it, but I haven’t achieved it already. If there’s anybody who has been successful, it would be cool if he/she tells us how to! I will keep on burning wrong DVD’s :wink:
Thanks!![/QUOTE]

The Korean protection “ALPHA-ROM” is apparently extremely difficult to get around due to some overlapping sectors. From what I understand you need a software that can read the image backwards and then correct it afterwards.
One such company should be vMediaMaster from Japanese company Tomcat.
http://***.tomcat.jp/vmediamaster.htmd

Don’t read Japanese so wouldn’t know how to use it.

Maybe there is still hope for us with destructive partners who throw the DVD around after which it ends up scratched on the floor of the car.

Harry

Anyone sucessfull to copy this DVD??? im with the same problem…

[QUOTE=burninglord;1936163]Anyone sucessfull to copy this DVD??? im with the same problem…[/QUOTE]

Nope, no chance.

If people are selling used DVDs of this for 80 euros , I have to believe it cannot be backed up.
http://vwnavi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24236

Protection Info
Alpha-ROM is a robust and versatile copy protection technology that protects regular data file contents and diverse multimedia contents such as games, movies and office software produced in the format of optical discs (CD/DVD-ROM). Its core technology lies in two different aspects: hardware and software. The hardware aspect signifies the “digital signature” of Alpha-DISC imbedded between the physical layers of CD, which is used to authorize the originality of the CD. This digital signature cannot be reproduced in any methods, even with the most advanced copying tools supporting RAW mode burning. The recreation of original disc through ¡°sector-by-sector¡± copying is also impossible. Without authorization process of original digital signature, users are unable to have access to the contents in the CD-ROMs

Cmon Darrxx wot the hekz goin on?
Can yooo doooit?

Please, no one can excplain how to make a working copy, why people have got working copy on start??

Hi,
question!
What you think about a copy with linux?

Which tool we can try to make a working backup?
Idea?
Maybee there is a tool for it, or we can create on of it.

If i analyse the dvd, and the created iso file, which createt with dd and dd_rescue, the size is the same.
So the bits and bytes are correct.
Or can it be, that there a some informations on DVD which i can´t read of?

Thanks

Any news about copy??

No idea?
no one on earth make a working copy??
I can´t believe.
What about software like vmediamaster, cdic etc?

:sad:

Please, can some explain me this?
And why the dvd not burned yet right.

Alpha Rom

Den Alpha-Schutz entwickelte Settec, eine koreanische Tochtergesellschaft von LG. Alpha Rom schreibt digitale Signaturen in die Sektoren-Header desMediums. Dieser Hardware- Ansatz erschwert bereits das Kopieren. In Kombination mit dem Software-Tool des Kopierschutzes kann damit die Echtheit des Mediums bestätigt werden. Langsames Lesen und Brennen auf modernen Brennern soll den Schutz aber weitgehend außer Gefecht setzen.