VSO Software (Blindwrite Suite) interview @ Blue-Hardware

I just posted the article VSO Software (Blindwrite Suite) interview @ Blue-Hardware.

Seb lets us know that we can find an interview with VSO Software, creators of the Blindwrite Suite software, on the French Blue-Hardware website:

Why are you specialized in burning…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5021-VSO-Software-Blindwrite-Suite-interview--Blue-Hardware.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5021-VSO-Software-Blindwrite-Suite-interview--Blue-Hardware.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Finally its said how its supposed to be… Software isnt the cause of piracy, the user is… And if you just want to back up a disc whether for you kids or to play in your car stereo you should… I used Blindread back a few years ago for reading damaged discs and it was pretty good, I would like to know whether it still retains that functionality now in the new version?

This has been my argument from the start. The CD was the best thing (for the record company) that was ever invented because it is very cheap to manufacture (vs. cassette) and very fragile. Who the f#@k cares if it will “last” 30+ years because it’ll be scratched up in 30 days. I remember when I was a kid we bought like 3 or 4 copies of this single on 45 because we kept scratching them up. When tapes came along…well…I got tapes that are 20 years old and still good. I bought a DVD (Monsters, Inc) for $20 and it was scratched in 2 months so it won’t play. I called Disney and they want $10 plus $5 shipping and handling to replace it. Screw them…I’ll just rent it and make a DVD+R and probably copy a few more of their movies out of spite. You can’t tell me that it took 15 years for companies like TDK to make an “armor plated” CD/DVD. It is on PURPOSE that these things are fragile and cannot be backed up (legally). I applaud VSO and all the other companies fighting to allow normal people to make normal backups of stuff they bought when the companies are raping us on prices and and then sodomizing us on the replacements.