[VSO] Philipp/Securom 4.8

First off got the new version of BR. Excellent Job to all your team! Now do you have any ideas on this. If i burn a SecuROM 4.8 game should it play if i un-install BR plus the patin driver & the PCatip.vxd driver basically leaving nothing in for the disk to be recognised or run properly by my drives. I backed up colin mcrae 3 with no problems. Installs & plays from all my drives. As i build and work with computers i decided to try this on another machine which i just finished for a friend of mine. There was nothing in this system which would help the game run in any way shape or form. I installed the 3 discs no prob. And to my suprise it ran first time. Recognised the disc straight away. Should this happen. I remember you saying something about having BR or autoplay client installed on another pc in order to play the backup which was done on my own machine. I’m i right about this. Also is it the same for SD 2.9.

Unclebobie23:)

thanks for the praise…

did you create your copy with the autoplay feature enabled or disabled?
if it was disabled, BW should’ve asked you to physically include the .BWA in the backup.
if autoplay was enabled, the copy might not work without BW or the autoplay filter installed.

PS: you’re using 4.5.2, right?

Originally posted by [VSO]Philipp
[B]thanks for the praise…

did you create your copy with the autoplay feature enabled or disabled?
if it was disabled, BW should’ve asked you to physically include the .BWA in the backup.
if autoplay was enabled, the copy shouldn’t work without BW or the autoplay filter installed.

PS: you’re using 4.5.2, right? [/B]

Well the really interesting part is that you don’t have to use the twinpeak image (burning with autoplay off) in order to achieve that!In fact the working backup that was burned with autoplay on is capable of working without emulation in some cases!I know that this sounds strange and wrong but it is a fact!Actually there may be a possibility that statistically speaking the odds are in favour of the backup burned with autoplay on(without emulation)
It is interesting also that devises that will recognise the twinpeak backup will not recognise the other one!The only way to be 100% sure is one:burn with autoplay on ,play with autoplay on and make sure you are using a really good Bwa file!

There is no reason for your backup to work without the BWA info included. Autoplay is for BlindWrite’s benefit only and will not help the original game in identifying your backup as an original. The BWA info IS the copy protection and when its not there the backup will fail. Re-check your backup.

/MLS

Ok Philipp! Yes is the answer to the first question it was enabled & also EWS also.
I was using BR 4.2.5.35 as you can see from the log file below:

----- Image verification started -----
HD image is OK
Sector: Bad headers 0 - Bad Edc 0 - Weak 0 - Status 1
File systems: Volumes 2 - files 36 - folders 2
Volume size 666124 boot 0 Vol ID Disc1 - 5/16/03 11:49:23 AM Status 1
----- Image verification ended -----
Microsoft Windows 98
Patin-couffin version 11 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.2.5.35
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
Cd Unit report started at 6/14/03 12:13:48 AM

VendorID : “LITE-ON”
UnitId : “LTR-52246S”
FwID : “”
FwDate : “6S02”
Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000014
Speeds : 52/52/0/0
Bsize : 2048
Flags : 00000

end of CD Unit report
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Unit 2:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-52246S 6S02 [F]
Speed x8
VolumeId : “Disc1”
Hash : 33B65A10151BFFD0FC3628A45FF567BE38723520
HD image “Disc1.BWT”
Writing mode : DAO PW
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
644 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 334008
Sectors built: 0
CD is complete

I haven’t tried the 4.5.2 with SecuROM 4.8 yet as i just found out 2 nights ago it does an excellent job of the latest SD 2.9 with no problems at all. DEVASTATION was a Breeze!!!. MLS the bwa was included as you can see above. Ok Philipp,MLS,XXX-Gr any more ideas or is it just a fluke that it is recognised without any software or is it the version of BR. I suppose the fact it does work is a bonus. Thanks! guys for all your input.

Unclebobie23 :slight_smile:

SecuROM and SafeDisc 2 have known bugs and in some cases the protection has completely failed to work or work in the way intended. Just image the the OS’s, configurations and software instances these guys have to work in - they must have a complete collection of 'ROMs and burners hehe.

I haven’t really analysed your reports but I get the gist.

When AutoPlay is enabled, the code is [written] on the CD and requires an installation of AP.

The copy protectionists don’t seem to attack BW with the same vigour that they do Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools and more lately the CloneCD VD. Mmm, that’s an aside and I don’t know how it might fit into the picture :slight_smile:

Thanks! Futureproof. The more input i have the better. This seems to make a lot of sence in what your saying. I’m going to try it with SD 2.9 also to see what the story is with that. Let me know what you come up with in your own findings. I’m doing a few more tests with the roms and writers i have on SD 2.9 and other version numbers of securom.

Unclebobie23:bigsmile:

in fact, the autoplay backup may indeed work without emulation.
you get the best backup possible with autoplay, the filter is just a help if a perfect backup isn’t possible.

Thanks for the reply philipp. That sounds good in my books. And also sounds good for my computer. Thanks everyone for your replys and help:D

Unclebobie23:bigsmile: