VSO Burning Engine Purpose

Hi, I’m new and trying this out. I’ve seen the Patten Couffin engine is installed with this software as VSO.

What is the purpose of this additional engine to burn DVD?

Why is it needed over SPTI?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of VSO?

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Its for convience and they make it easier for most users to have one software that does it all in one package. JMO:D

there’s not much info on Google about Patten Couffin, unless I’m misspelling it.

It is spelled [B]Patin-Couffin [/B]and there are lots of pages about it with good info.

[QUOTE=signals;1946627]It is spelled [B]Patin-Couffin [/B]and there are lots of pages about it with good info.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes - & I see that VSO is the company name. I guess that Mr Patin & Mr Couffin are the guys who invented the process ?

[quote=cybmole;1946648]Ah yes - & I see that VSO is the company name. I guess that Mr Patin & Mr Couffin are the guys who invented the process ?[/quote]That is my understanding. Assuming they are guys (I have 3 daughters).

LOL, Signals!!:D:clap:

[QUOTE=signals;1946679]That is my understanding. Assuming they are guys (I have 3 daughters).[/QUOTE]
LMAO
It’s good to see yet another man quake in his boots at the prospect of a gender-based [B]faux pas [/B].
A wife and daughter are quite enough!

[B]@cybmole[/B], you better hope Arachne doesn’t see this.
Be very afraid of her sharp claws…or you may even get slapped with a kipper!