VSO Burning Engine, Nero OR ImgBurn?

vbimport

I use DVDFab to backup movies on hard drive and then and burn them on DVD+R media (Sony). Which option in DVDFab is the best for burning:

1. VSO Burning Engine
  2. Nero
  3. ImgBurn

Please suggest…

I use the VSO Burning Engine and never have any issues. I occassionally use ImgBurn and that is a great alternative as well.

I liked Nero when it was free many years ago. IMO there are too many bells and whistles on Nero now.

I’ve found the VSO Burning Engine and ImgBurn to both work equally well, eh?

Ever since they came out with Nero 7 I haven’t liked it, but earlier versions methinks were fine. Versions 5 and 6 of Nero were great, but then they were simpler too.

[quote=sheetumanu;2178346]I use DVDFab to backup movies on hard drive and then and burn them on DVD+R media (Sony). Which option in DVDFab is the best for burning:

1. VSO Burning Engine
  2. Nero
  3. ImgBurn

Please suggest…[/quote]
I have started using ImgBurn as the burn engine and the reason for that is for being able to set the automatic write speed using the disc ID of the blank media you use. This is good if you have different brands of blank media that you like to burn at different speeds. Doing it this way you not have to change the speed in dvdfab every time when you want a different speed because of the blank DVD you are using. Here is a [B]TUTORIAL[/B]for you on how to do this courtesy of troy512

ImgBurn.

Each to their own I guess as myself I use the VSO burning engine and have never had a problem with it (over 500 movies) as I would rather stick to just one program instead of 2 although I do have and tried Imgburn once. BTW I would use better media than Sony as they really don’t make their own brand as they farm it out to many manufactures and you don’t really know what you are getting, IMHO TY’s or Verbs are the best out there

Nothing wrong with Sony media…using it for years. :clap:

You’re lucky then as it isn’t really made by Sony, they just have their name on it

[U]ImagBurn…[/U]

VSO never seems to burn at the speed I select…
If I set for 12x it will burn at 8x…

re tutorial by troy512 ,congratulations very good ! please dont take thi amiss i have just acquired a new monitor but in spite of this i founnd the you tube watchability poor?

rago88…to help you …fengtao has set dvdfab to do exactly as you say on purpose…so if u want to burn @ 12x ,set dvdfab speedto 16!

ok…
but the reason?

The reason is that Imgburn burns at the speed you say for it too. Just read the tutorial I linked to in post #4 and set ImgBurn up.

[QUOTE=GJ;2178749]The reason is that Imgburn burns at the speed you say for it too. Just read the tutorial I linked to in post #4 and set ImgBurn up.[/QUOTE]

ok…
done…
thanks…

Imgburn, vso has been hit or miss. It is also picky on which DVD media you use. Imgburn has been burning even to my cheapo DVD’s that VSO could not even see in the drive.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2178432]myself I use the VSO burning engine … I would rather stick to just one program instead of 2 … [/QUOTE]

so if you use dvdfab and VSO you are only using 1 program? in fact VSO even installs a device driver where as by default ImgBurn will use SPTI.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2178432]Sony as they really don’t make their own brand as they farm it out to many manufactures and you don’t really know what you are getting, IMHO TY’s or Verbs are the best out there[/QUOTE]

even Verbatim Does Not Make Their Own DVD+/-R Media Period. Moser Baer, CMC, Prodisc or Taiyo Yuden. Made in India, Made in Taiwan, Made in Japan or even Made in Singapore.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2178470]You’re lucky then as it isn’t really made by Sony, they just have their name on it[/QUOTE]

[quote=rago88;2178661][U]ImagBurn…[/U]

If I set for 12x it will burn at 8x…[/quote]The logic for speed selection was changed in V5.1.2.0 such that the speed recommended by the drive was taken into account:

[ul]
[li]New: Improved selection of recommended write speed. DVDFab will use 16x when writer recommends 18x or 20x, and will use 8x when writer recommends 12x or 16x. If you want to use highest possible write speed, you can specify it in “Write Speed” of “Settings -> DVD -> Write” window.[/li][/ul]
I thought this only applied if you selected “Recommended” as the burn speed, so I’m not sure if it is what you are seeing (but it sounds like it is). It was done I think to prevent the common problems with junk media whose MID produces very high recommended burn speeds that it really cannot support.

[QUOTE=rago88;2178661][U]ImagBurn…[/U]

If I set for 12x it will burn at 8x…[/QUOTE]

what does the log report? ive noticed the dvdfab VSO reported burn speed and the VSO burn speed in the log are different.

is it the same behavior from your last posting?
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/burning-speed-platinum-233224/

and my reporting of burn speeds.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/reported-write-speed-229566/

[QUOTE=sheetumanu;2178346]I use DVDFab to backup movies on hard drive and then and burn them on DVD+R media (Sony). Which option in DVDFab is the best for burning:

1. VSO Burning Engine
  2. Nero
  3. ImgBurn

Please suggest…[/QUOTE]

VSO should work with no problems. :slight_smile: if you do encounter a problem then i would recommend ImgBurn.

ImgBurn for me. Fairly new to DVD Fab, and will probably try its burn features one of these days, but have always had great results from ImgBurn.