VSO Burn Log Report Computer Specs

vbimport

i would like to see computer specs reported in the VSO burn logs. anyone else??

i have asked fengtao about this and he suggested i email to him what should be included and he would forward it to VSO.

if you want to see something in the VSO logs this is the time to speak up.

now dont be shy…just post what you want to see.

I would like to see a more detailed log too. Since no two computers are the same, it would help in finding out why some have problems while others do not. I would also like to see a detailed ripping log from start time to finished time.

[QUOTE=troy512;2104964]i would like to see computer specs reported in the VSO burn logs. anyone else??

i have asked fengtao about this and he suggested i email to him what should be included and he would forward it to VSO.

if you want to see something in the VSO logs this is the time to speak up.

now dont be shy…just post what you want to see.[/QUOTE]

Hey Troy
This is a good idea for sure just hope it be done, here is my thoughts on this.
1.) info on CPU + if it being overclocked… :smiley:
2.) size of ram with available free space… :slight_smile:
not sure on this next one but can help pin point conflicking software
3.) programs that are running in the background during the rip and/or burn process… :slight_smile:

thats my 3 cents… :bigsmile:

last call

It probably should have a “verbose” switch or the logfile folder will get really huge. Or maybe autodelete after a month or so. Could it show filters for the Source/Target drives? Task 1 read rate?

thanks i will include all suggestions

the following was sent by email as requested,

hello fengtao,

in order to better diagnose dvdfab ripping/burning errors, it would be nice to have some additions to the logs, either adding a dvdfab ripping log or making changes to the VSO burnlog to include the ripping information would help. if both included in one log file would be great. i know our previous correspondence was discussing the VSO log specifically, however after asking some of the fellow cdfreaks/dvdfab members, additional suggestion unrelated to VSO have come to light.

1. CPU speed, both rated and actual, number of cores etc…
  1. RAM installed and free
  1. ripping time, speed, compression [if applicable], destination free space etc…
  1. log file maximum size allocation, as to limit the log from becoming too large.
  1. ripping source and writing destination upper and lower filter drive order
  1. programs that are running in the background during the rip and/or burn process
  1. read, write, pathplayer…etc… settings

any one [or more] of these would be a wonderful addition. possibly just add them slowly over time would help as well. also users have questions of ripping log for mobile conversions.

thanks,

troy

i guess we will see

Good work Troy if these items can be added to the log it will help pin point issues on alot of rigs :clap::clap:
but like you said we shall see :smiley: