VPN's

vbimport

I work with deleteable virtual machines which accesses the net from a control center which does not have access to the internet.

The ‘on the road’ laptop access Microsoft.com about 70% of the times for information and HP/Cisco/Dell etc otherwise. If I go here while on the road, I remote to a VM at home and use VNC to access this VM and surf here.
The same goes for ordinary surfing, but then I VNC to a 90 Day M$ trial which is then replaced even if not compromised.
In other words, where others rely on one or just a few computers/installs, I have all functions scattered across multiple VMs and work in a more decentralized way.
What they get by compromising one install is just the function and possibly the OS installed, not passwords, serials or whatever else for other functions. If there is a need for access to a share, that share is exactly one folder which has its own limited user not used for any other shares.

Could the difference lie there? :bigsmile:

Thousands of people throughout the world use vpn to secure communications over the Internet. It has a lot of advantages and first of all it is an inexpensive effective way of building a private network. Nowadays it is easy to find open, free and paid vpn. At first it’s better to use a trial version and if you use anonymizer then check its efficiency in percentage rate with the help of free services, for example, at whats my ip 2ip.io. Always check the VPN efficiency before paying for the full and long-term package of services. As for me, I could recommend StrongVPN or ExpressVPN, they provides a hign level of anonymity.

[QUOTE=Alice Johnson;2777168]Thousands of people throughout the world use vpn to secure communications over the Internet. It has a lot of advantages and first of all it is an inexpensive effective way of building a private network. Nowadays it is easy to find open, free and paid vpn. At first it’s better to use a trial version and if you use anonymizer then check its efficiency in percentage rate with the help of free services, for example, at whats my ip 2ip.io. Always check the VPN efficiency before paying for the full and long-term package of services. As for me, I could recommend StrongVPN or ExpressVPN, they provides a hign level of anonymity.[/QUOTE]There are limits though, one big one is torrent some VPN will bann your account for using it for that and some will report torrent to the Piracy police. Using VPN you agree to their terms and they can change those terms for good or bad. If you want a clean VPN one needs to really read the fine prints carefully. And find one that doesn’t keep a VPN log of your activity if you want privacy.

Great article Kerry. :grinning:
thank you