VPN providers give up on circumventing Netflix’s geo-blocking

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: VPN providers give up on circumventing Netflix’s geo-blocking[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2013/05/myce-netflix.jpg[/newsimage]

The measures Netflix uses to prevent VPN providers from circumventing its geo-blocks are so successful that more and more VPN providers throw in the towel. VPN providers are losing the cat and mouse game from Netflix constantly and therefore many give up.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/vpn-providers-give-circumventing-netflixs-geo-blocking-80692/](http://www.myce.com/news/vpn-providers-give-circumventing-netflixs-geo-blocking-80692/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

uFlix has stated it has added Amazon Instant Video (Prime) as an unblocked channel which according to the VPN provider, has a “great range of content and should help fill the gap”.
This is also one of the biggest reason Netflix will loose big at the end. Play hardball and another bigger Amazon will take over that is what is called market share forget your customer base and another will pick them up. Netflix will be the looser in the END here.

Down here in New Zealand it’s all but impossible to access US Netflix now .  As I’ve got Amazon Prime account in the US I’m almost ready  to cancel my Netflix account…Â
Just hope that Amazon doesn’t get the hard word put on them as well and does the same thing… If they do it’s back to the Pirate ship…

[QUOTE=paulw2;2782382]Down here in New Zealand it’s all but impossible to access US Netflix now . As I’ve got Amazon Prime account in the US I’m almost ready to cancel my Netflix account…
Just hope that Amazon doesn’t get the hard word put on them as well and does the same thing… If they do it’s back to the Pirate ship…[/QUOTE]
Trust me if they want your money they will do what it takes to get your money. Even down under… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it’s entirely up to Amazon.  Both Amazon and Netflix made/make money off people circumventing geoblock’s. The content owners make money by negotiating separate licensing fees for different countries.  I don’t think Amazon is immune from it.  If it becomes an issue, then I imagine the content owners will put pressure on Amazon to crackdown too :frowning:

[QUOTE=Zod;2782389]I don’t think it’s entirely up to Amazon. Both Amazon and Netflix made/make money off people circumventing geoblock’s. The content owners make money by negotiating separate licensing fees for different countries. I don’t think Amazon is immune from it. If it becomes an issue, then I imagine the content owners will put pressure on Amazon to crackdown too :([/QUOTE]
You mean like how the MPIAA did to music cds and look at how their business model went? Straight down the toilet…as torrents pickup…I doubt Amazon would want to go that way.

Nobody is immune to it. This has nothing to do with Netflix I am sure they would love to provide all of their content to the entire planet equally.
Until countries and organizations such as FCC in US or CRTC in Canada stop regulating media broadcasts and until the concept of broadcast rights per-country ceases to exist , this is reality.

[QUOTE=ivid;2782413]Nobody is immune to it. This has nothing to do with Netflix I am sure they would love to provide [U]all[/U] of their content to the entire planet equally.
Until countries and organizations such as FCC in US or CRTC in Canada stop regulating media broadcasts and until the concept of broadcast rights per-country ceases to exist , this is reality.[/QUOTE]
Really the FCC or CRTC is the problem? Really what miracle of forthought… NOT… the Studios caused this to start with and will end at their own two feet.

Gee, with content being as hard to legally stream as it is, I can’t help but wonder why copyright infringement is so popular. Oh wait, I just answered my own question.[QUOTE=ivid;2782413]Until countries and organizations such as FCC in US or CRTC in Canada stop regulating media broadcasts and until the concept of broadcast rights per-country ceases to exist , this is reality.[/QUOTE]IDK about the CRTC (I’ve literally never heard of it until now), but I doubt the FCC has anything to do with the industry’s insistence on using per-country licensing. Ultimately, I would blame the entertainment industry’s constant decade-spanning power grab. They think they can do what they want, and anyone who disagrees with them is a “pirate”. FCC regulations (and presumably CRTC regulations as well) are a completely different topic.