Volume Name Is Always "New" with DVD Shrink

Hi,

I just got an NEC 3500 DVD burner. So far its a great drive. I have upgraded it to Maddog’s 2F9 FW version with the riplock and region free version of the FW. I making a backup of my DVDs using DVD Shrink. However, everytime I burn a DVD using Shrink the volume name is always “New” regardless of what I have set in DVD Shrink. Any ideas?

I am using version 3.2 of Shrink. I also have a Lite-On 1633S and the volume name is always set. Same version of Shrink running on that computer.

Many thanks.

I don’t think it is related to the drive or the fírmware - I don’t use that version of DVD Shrink myself, but try to ask the same question in the transcoding forum http://forum.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

DVD Shrink isn’t setting the volume name to “NEW”, Nero does that. Make a .iso file with DVD Shrink and burn with DVD Decrypter instead of ripping the DVD files individually and creating a DVD with Nero.

I had the same exact problem after upgrading to Nero 6.6.0.1 from 6.3.1.25. I reverted back to the older version and now my movies are back to what I name them when using DVDShrink. Hope this helps.

Hi j00K,

Many thanks for the info. This is very helpful. I am also running Nero 6.6.0.1 which I forgot to mention. Anyway, I will install 6.3 version and hopefully everything will be back to good.

Thanks