Volume Levels In BENQ 1640

:confused:

DVD Info Pro show Volume Levels=2 in my Benq 1640

Show Volume Levels=256 in all others drivers: LG 4167, Sony DRU800 and Pioneer 110.

Is that normal ?

What’s Volume Level ?

:doh:

Hi :slight_smile:
I don’t know the answer to this, as I asked in different forums as well as here. It looks as though no one is bothered. The volume level of 2 seems to apply only to BenQ (1640/1650/1655) in my experience. Doesn’t appear to affect any operations that you might want to perform. Who knows maybe this time someone out there may enlighten us.

I think this is the internal playback setting inside the drive.

Some allow volume control of the output signal over the audio connector. I have never seen it used though. I think you will find that if you could use it that 2 levels will give you on or off, 256 levels will give a reasonable volume sweep BUT as I have stated I have never seen it used.

BTW, on a side note, I dont think the DW1650/55 has any internal audio decoder as it has no connections for audio playback, all audio has to go over the IDE connetor in digital form and the PC decode it.

Hi :slight_smile:
Now that you mention it. It could be setting 2 for digital out only & 256 for digital/analogue.

off topic

Nope.
There is still a digital audio out… :smiley:

Interested can check out Philips Nexperia chipset design for DVD/RW’s. Not the latest, but basics are still the same.

:bow:

Thanks guys !!!

Now I know about Volume Level…

:clap: :clap: :clap: