Volume label field crash

vbimport

used5.0.2.0 with an original DVD which thinks it’s title is DVDvolume. ( it is actually a guitar signature licks dvd)

rahter than rip, then rename, as I usually do, I tried changing the dvd name in the volume label field on the main dvdfab screen, Program then crashed as soon as I clicked start to begin the rip

that label field is the culprit, as the same dvd rips fine if I don’t alter what is in that field. but when i do try to use that naming feature, DVdfab launches it’s error report screen, and also reminds me that a newer version is available ( even though I have reminders turned off).

I have submitted that error report, for what it’s worth

Is this a known bug and if so what version was it fixed in, or is it not fixed yet ?

[quote=cybmole;2142148]used5.0.2.0 with an original DVD which thinks it’s title is DVDvolume. ( it is actually a guitar signature licks dvd)

rahter than rip, then rename, as I usually do, I tried changing the dvd name in the volume label field on the main dvdfab screen, Program then crashed as soon as I clicked start to begin the rip

that label field is the culprit, as the same dvd rips fine if I don’t alter what is in that field. but when i do try to use that naming feature, DVdfab launches it’s error report screen, and also reminds me that a newer version is available ( even though I have reminders turned off).

I have submitted that error report, for what it’s worth

Is this a known bug and if so what version was it fixed in, or is it not fixed yet ?[/quote]
Does this happen if you use the latest version–> 5.1.0.0 ?
giving help on older versions can sometimes be a waste of time seeing that most issues was corrected in a newer version that was releast.

I did two movies today with 5.1.0.0 and renamed them both with no problem. ??

He is using ver 5020

I don’t think it has anything to do with the version–I don’t remember any crashes related to that feature. I think it might be the authoring on that DVD. Probably should update anyway though, as you said SJ, troubleshooting a version that far back makes no sense.

This is odd. I have to give up the Rename/Label feature as well. It did seem that there were too many crashes when I attempted to do it through DVDFab v5.1.0.0. ImgBurn lets me change the label when I build a disc. So I did not miss it too much.

[QUOTE=signals;2142343]I don’t think it has anything to do with the version–I don’t remember any crashes related to that feature. I think it might be the authoring on that DVD. Probably should update anyway though, as you said SJ, troubleshooting a version that far back makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping someone might remember the bug _ I think that I saw it here one time but could not find it via search.

Anyway I just tried two different DVDs and could not reproduce the fault, though I still don’t get the connection between rename ( which I guessed just sets the output folder name ) & the DVd authoring. Seems you are right though - it is a problem with one specific DVD only.

as for updating, I do download the updates but usually hold off installing in case of any fresh bugs - unless there is a new feature or fix that I need

( the if it aint broke, don’t fix it principle).

I did take the plunge & go from v4 to v5 though! and when there’s a major update, rather than fixes to features that I don’t use, I guess I will update again :slight_smile: