.vobs and DVD's

vbimport

Greetings,

Here is what I am trying to do. If someone can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

I have the .vob file of the Dolby Digital EX trailer on my HDD. I would like to put this on my backup DVD’s before the actual movie. I know how to use Decrypter and shrink. However, I am not sure what I need to do to this .vob file. Do I need some other program to convert it into an .iso disk so that shrink can parse it together (like putting flipper discs onto one DVD-5).

Thanks!

Wdam33

I think a program such as IfoEdit or DVDReMakePro will allow you to do this.

I’m not sure if I understand your question. Do you want to put the vob on all of your dvd’s or just one? Do you want to be able to watch the trailer vob as well as the movie when you insert it into a dvd player?

Tigerman8u,

Okay, let me re-phrase what I want to do…make it much more simple.

I have 4 .vob files. Each .vob is a dolby digital trailer. I want to put these on a DVD so that I can play them on my stand alone player (a Denon).

I went over to www.videohelp.com and found a guide on how to author and burn a DVD from VOB trailers and files. The guide said to use Vobedit and Ifoedit.

I downloaded vobedit and followed the directions. However, I can not get vobedit to parse the 4 individual .vob files together so that ifoedit can create the necessary .ifo files. I am running WinXP Pro SP2 on an AMD64.

Wdam33

Uh, I seem to have found the problem. I was renaming the files wrong. The were coming out as .VOB.vob. vobedit needs them to be .vob. Its now working.

Wdam33

File extension turned off ? lol I don’t use Vobedit when I do this. I rename the files and go to the step where you use Ifoedit. Works for me, but if you have it working go ahead and good luck