Vobblanker newbie help

vbimport

basically, i want to keep the full DVD intact (including all the menus/links/buttons intact), except remove all of the extras/intros/warnings etc. would it be safe to just blank out all the VTS except the main movie?

are all menu titles kept, even if you blank out a VTS? i noticed when i blanked out a VTS, i checked the menu and it was still listed as “keep”.

are menu titles ever listed in the “titleset” box?

i heard vobblanker does not support multi angles and “ILVU titles”. what are “ILVU titles”?

Yes.

are all menu titles kept, even if you blank out a VTS? i noticed when i blanked out a VTS, i checked the menu and it was still listed as “keep”.
Yes. You’re actually blanking out the PGC(s) in the selected VTS. You don’t want to blank out the menu cells unless you know what it is, like warnings and logos, which can be present in the VIDEO_TS.VOB.

are menu titles ever listed in the “titleset” box?
??? Don’t understand.

i heard vobblanker does not support multi angles and “ILVU titles”. what are “ILVU titles”?
True, VB does not support export of multi-angle and ILVU Titles, but it will de-interleave the ILVU cells into normal cells. So you want to make sure that “Fix always VOB SYNCI/SRI pointers in Titles” is checked in the Settings. On a side note, DvdReMake supports ILVU multi-angle/story Titles.

ILVU (InterLeaved Vob Unit) cells are either used in multi-angle or multi-story (multi-PGC) Title. With multi-angle, you can switch angle during playback to view an alternate scene, such as language title or credits. An example is Howl’s Moving Castle. A camera angle will display on dvd player when it reaches these cells. With multi-story, you cannot switch angle during playback because it resides in separate PGCs. Such example is the Wedding Crashers Uncorked version.

Have a look at this tutorial http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/article_vobblanker_page1.html

the titleset column where it lists all the VTS files, the menu files are not listed here right? to view the menu files, you have to click on the vts title, and click the “menu” button right?

if you still dont understand, nm. i think i get it.

thanks guys.

oh, you mean that. You can tell if there’s a menu file by looking at the Menu Ini column, and, yes, by clicking on Menu button.