VOB to MPEG2

vbimport

Is it possible to extract MPEG2 (video and audio) from VOB without making any changes to the quality?

I got say a small cartoon that I extracted with DVD Shrink. The whole VOB is like 150MB. I want to convert it to a easy viewable MPEG2 file and put it on a CD-R since it is that small.

How can I go about. I tried CCE in FlaskMpeg but I hated the quality. Is it possible to do extracting MPEG2 stream from VOB and not converting from already MPEG2 to MPEG2 again?

I’m looking for *.mpg or *.avi out of *.vob

DVD Decrypter can demux your .m2v and .ac3 from the VOBs. BTW as far as DVD quality is concerned CCE is the best for commercial DVD footage, for home DV I’ve heard TMPGEnc and Canopus Procoder beat CCE. Unless you want to make some expensive hardware purchases, I’d recheck your settings. Try out those other 2 encoders as well.

/MLS

How can I convert *.ac3 to *.wav or *.mp3 and then from *.m2v and *.mp3 make one *.mpeg?

For audio conversion Google for BeSweet or AC3Machine. You can compress it with HuffYUV without losing any quality. You will need VirtualDubMod and the HuffYUV codec I believe, both can be found @ doom9.org. Good luck.

/MLS

While you can actually burn a DVD compliant set of VOB files to a CDR, 99% of DVD Players wont play them. You will need to convert them to SVCD and burn to CDR. See the Tutorials on how to do that from the VOB files. The kids wont see the drop in quality going to SVCD either.

Originally posted by MLS
[B]DVD Decrypter can demux your .m2v and .ac3 from the VOBs. BTW as far as DVD quality is concerned CCE is the best for commercial DVD footage, for home DV I’ve heard TMPGEnc and Canopus Procoder beat CCE. Unless you want to make some expensive hardware purchases, I’d recheck your settings. Try out those other 2 encoders as well.

/MLS [/B]

:confused: How exactly do you configure DVD Decrypter settings to create demux .m2v and .ac3 files from VOBs?

I’m still somewhat newbie status. Thanks.

In IFO parsing mode (press ‘I’), check stream processing, select each stream you want demuxed and move the bubble to demux (you have to do it for each one). In other words, click the video, select demux, click the audio, select demux. Then hit the rip button.

/MLS

I use TMPGEnc to demux my VOBs. The feature is hidden in the “File, Mpeg Tools, Simple Demultiplex” menu. It will split the file into audio and video.