Vob to Divx Software

Hi all
A friend plans to distribute his Edited game from a server but doesn’t know which format to use., at the moment he copies to dvd and posts all over the world.

Q1 Would divx be the best.
Q2 What size would a 2hr vob movie be after it was converted into divx format.
Q3 If so what would be the best software (preferably free) for coveting a 2hr movie (vob) into Divx.
Q4 How long would it take approx to download it if it’s in divx format.

I hope you can understand me and hopefully answer all my questions.

many thanks
mac-1

[QUOTE=Mac-1;2311587]Hi all
A friend plans to distribute his [B]Edited[/B] game from a server but doesn’t know which format to use., at the moment he copies to dvd and posts all over the world.

Q1 Would divx be the best.[/quote]

Depends wether you want high compatability (divx 3.11) or high quality sound and display (divx 6). I’d recommend xvid though. It’s open source.

Remind you, these are movie files (actually containers, but let’s take it slowly), not a digital game.

Q2 What size would a 2hr vob movie be after it was converted into divx format.
That depends entirely on how much you want it to be and how much quality you want. It can easily get 8/900 megs for normal quality.

Q3 If so what would be the best software (preferably free) for coveting a 2hr movie (vob) into Divx.
I like dvdfab, but there are tons of freeware tools out there.

Q4 How long would it take approx to download it if it’s in divx format.
That entirely depends on the bandwith of the computer hosting the file (the server) , the selected protocol (ftp, http, torrent) and the bandwith of the computer downloading it.

Simple math: If you can download at 1mb/sec and your file is 700mb, it should at least take 700 seconds. :slight_smile:

I do like DVDFab…that said, my go-to- DVD-> avi/Xvid apps are AutoGK and AviDemux…There’s also Fairusewizard (needs ISO)…

Thanks for the help guys.

To the moderators of this forum. Please read below. Thank you.
I tried to use the contact button to contact the forum but the email kept getting bounced back again.

Hi
I posted a help question on your newbie forum here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/vob-divx-software-280120/

Post name is “Vob to DivX Software” by Mac-1

My friend has asked me to remove the words [B]Edited[/B] or all of the posts as somebody is copying everything that has to do with his game

Personally i think it’s to late now as this guy whoever he is has copied just about everything he has done with his game, be it slightly altered.

friends eh!, what they like.

hope you can help
graham (Mac-1)

Mac-1
I removed the name of the game/video/whatever it is you are talking about.