Vob ProtectCD

vbimport

I just got my copy of Sacred which will be officially released in Germany tomorrow. So because it’s so new I didn’t find anything about the copy protection of it on the web.
The second (protected) CD only contains two files called:

Vob-PCD.reg
Setup-2.bin

After installation I found keys named “VOB” in my registry which contain some “Installation key” which then has cryptic values.

I already tried making an image of it (as this is the only thing I want) with woth ProtectCD profiles in Alcohol. Didn’t work with them.
I only have Alcohol btw!

Could someone help here?

There was a protect cd 5 blist that will be fixed in next beta. You can try opening regedit.exe and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, then change DisplayName to something else.

Thanks for your answer. I didn’t quite get what that does. So as soon as the uninstaller has a wrong name ProtectCD won’t work and I won’t need a copy protected image anymore? :confused:
Would be nice if you could post what’s behind that step.

Afaik, PCD just checks if daemon is installed (alcohol too i think). So check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{3910E82F-43CB-409C-9147-0A536A89AC3C} and rename DisplayName to something else.

Not sure if this is valid only for virtual drive though.

well if that was true then the game shouldn’t run with the original CD as well should it?
Well it does and so I don’t think it’s a blacklist problem (while running, Alcohol even has another image mounted and it works)

Any other thoughts?