VOB Passthrough with Audio transcode for XBox 360 MCE

vbimport

Does anyone know of a way to rip a DVD so that the video stream is passed through unaltered, but the audio stream (LPCM) is transcoded to 0x80 AC3?
This is for playing through an Xbox 360 MCE.
Thanks
Wayne

[quote=mmmix;1998660]Does anyone know of a way to rip a DVD so that the video stream is passed through unaltered, but the audio stream (LPCM) is transcoded to 0x80 AC3?
This is for playing through an Xbox 360 MCE.
Thanks
Wayne[/quote]This can be done, but will require several steps with other software with high PITA factor. Maybe Ting can make a new profile that will do this within DVDFab.

I was hoping it would be something as simple as a new profile as both are obviously existing capabilities. I really hope it gets considered as I can find no way of ripping a sizeable chunk of music DVDs for XBox MCE use as they all have only LPCM audio tracks. I guess the other solution would be for XBox to fix the bug :slight_smile:

As a follow up, is this a profile I could create myself? Are there any docs on the profile syntax?

[QUOTE=mmmix;2004640]As a follow up, is this a profile I could create myself? Are there any docs on the profile syntax?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, under Program Files\DVDFab…\Profiles\Readme

Well I tried to follow the syntax and came up with:

<common>
<file format=“vob” onefile_size_mb=“0” />
<audio copy=“0” codec=“aac” channel=“1” >
<bitrate value=“32000” list=“32000,48000,64000,96000,128000” />
<volume percent=“100” />
</audio>
<video copy=“1” />
</common>

wrapped in the profile tag of course. It ran, but the resulting audio still showed as DVD_LPCM_AUDIO in GSpot. I tried it with channel set to 2 as well - not sure what that was supposed to do.