VOB Pass Through (Timer Issue)

Hey,

Is anyone else seeing this? I rip a DVD using VOB Pass Through and the output file is the correct size, but the VOB player timer says the file is only 4 seconds – which is causing some of my streaming media programs not to work. I have attached an image note the file size = 3.88gig and the player only shows 4 seconds.

Please let me know if this is a known issue.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2553795]Hey,

Is anyone else seeing this? I rip a DVD using VOB Pass Through and the output file is the correct size, but the VOB player timer says the file is only 4 seconds – which is causing some of my streaming media programs not to work. I have attached an image note the file size = 3.88gig and the player only shows 4 seconds.

Please let me know if this is a known issue.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I never do vob pass-through however I will do a test run to see the results and let you kno, are you using v8032 ?

SJ

I am using 8.0.2.8 – It’s a issue that I have seen for the last few months (since 5/3/2010) with DVDFab. I will upgrade and see if that helps.

See below…

http://tinypic.com/4duh6hzl

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2553806]I am using 8.0.2.8 – It’s a issue that I have seen for the last few months (since 5/3/2010) with DVDFab. I will upgrade and see if that helps. [/QUOTE]

Upgraging will not correct this issue I am using v8032 and just did a conversion the movie I did has a playing time of 1hr 50min, after the converssion it shows in VLC with a totle playing time of 51min :eek:

I have contacted Fengtao on this and I’m sure he will get it fixed he always does.

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks!

Oh, since we are on the topic of VOB’s – is there anyway to get VOB’s with subtitles? When a disk is ripped with VOB Pass Through the subtitles get written to a separate file. I have no idea how to process this separate file, and get the subtitles to appear together with the combined VOB file.

I am not sure if this is another feature of the VOB Pass Through, but I thought that I would mention it.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2553810]Thanks!

Oh, since we are on the topic of VOB’s – is there anyway to get VOB’s with subtitles? When a disk is ripped with VOB Pass Through the subtitles get written to a separate file. I have no idea how to process this separate file, and get the subtitles to appear together with the combined VOB file.

I am not sure if this is another feature of the VOB Pass Through, but I thought that I would mention it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry can’t answer that as I stated I’m not into doing backups using this method only did one to verify the issue, which by the way Fengtao has already looked over this thread so I’m sure his team will start working on this matter.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2553810]Thanks!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Depending on what you want you need to select. If you want all subs titles directly rendered to video then you need to select the subs on the main GUI and for sub picture in edit section change that to direct render.

If all you want is forced subs then select subtitle and put check mark next to only show forced subs. Then edit page select direct render to video as well. Check out the attachment to know

Thanks AGJ

Vob passthrough only have a option to write a separate subtitles. The final files are IDX and SUB. SUB are a set of subtitles in bitmap format like DVD store in VOB. IDX are a text file with the instructions where each subtitle is on SUB file.

This idx/sub format can be read from almost all media players (media player classic, VLC and others). And you can install a directshow filter named dvdvobsub to see the subs with any media player that uses directshow.

The problem is almost all DVDs I have ripped can’t be read from dvdvobsub and avisynth filters like VSFilter. I need to rip the subtitles again using VSRip (the best method to rip subtitles in idx/sub format and DVD Fab can’t beat since the creation). Sometimes I need to post a new thread here to resolve the problems with subtitles but some versions after the problem return.

[QUOTE=acrespo;2554782]Vob passthrough only have a option to write a separate subtitles.[/QUOTE]

That is incorrect! in the Edit settings-sub picture click the arrow and a dropdown box will show with selections available for the DVD